cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE 4G coverage checker

eeByeck
Explorer

I'm thinking of moving to EE as I've been a Plusnet customer and will get a good deal but when I checked the coverage map for my location I was asked what phone I was using.  I input Galaxy S 6 and was told that I would not get 4G coverage on my Galaxy S6.  It also said that with a 4G compatible calling device I would be able to call, text, browse internet etc.   The map showed that 4G coverage was available outdoors at my location.  When I tried my Google Pixel 7 it said I would get excellent 4G coverage both indoor and outdoor.  Is it not recognising my S6 as a 4G device or are there differences between 4G devices?
Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @eeByeck 

Welcome to the community.

When I enter a Samsung Galaxy S6 in my area, it says 4G is available. Does it say the same if you select a different phone model?

Chris

Hi Chris

When I tried my Google Pixel 7 it said I would get excellent 4G coverage both indoor and outdoor.  It doesn't really matter as I've decided to go with another service provider.  Thanks for your reply.

Dave

Chris_B
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@eeByeck  with Plusnet you get the signal on the device via EEs network so nothing will have changed if you stayed with EE.