cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coverage is non-existent at home

adrianriley
Explorer

Just moved to  new address. MyEE tells me I will have "great coverage outdoors, good coverage indoors". Signal strength in the house is consistently below -120 dBm, phones will not connect to network, my BT broadband Hybrid Connect ("uses EE's network if your broadband connection goes down") flashes red continuously. Reported problem to EE, and received a reply telling me there are no known problems in my postcode. Do they respond to every problem report by saying there are no known problems? Seems to be rather avoiding the issue.

Where's Kevin Bacon now I need him?

5 REPLIES 5
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @adrianriley 

Thanks for coming here. 

How long have you been experiencing the signal problems? 

Do you get signal in other areas? 

Leanne.

bristolian
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

Was this poor indoor coverage apparent when you first viewed the property?

We have experienced the signal problems ever since we moved in. In the house we can only make and receive calls using Wi-Fi calling, in the garden, outside the range of Wi-Fi, we get no signal at all.

bristolian
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

Does the coverage broadly match that predicted by "check coverage" on the website tool?

Was this poor indoor coverage apparent when you first viewed the property?

@adrianriley   The legal bit on the coverage checker.    As that signal hasn’t had someone walk around that area let alone within that building to verify the actual signal you’ll receive within it. 

“These results are only a guide and not a guarantee of service availability in a particular location. Coverage may be affected by a number of factors, such as building materials, tree cover and weather conditions and how many other people are using the network too. Results are based on computer prediction to a high confidence but are not error free”