cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coverage in Bethnal Green, Moorfields

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Update: 03 May 2024 

We are building the new mast on the roof top of a high rise building. This will take longer than some of our other new mast builds, because we are taking every step to ensure we meet the Government's new legislation following the Grenfell Tower investigation. 

As a result of the investigation, additional safety protocols and certifications need to be provided. We are currently reviewing all our requirements to make sure we meet these, and providing the required documentation to obtain the certification and approval needed to start building the equipment. 

We will keep you updated on this post.

Update: 04 October 2023

Over the past few months, our engineers have provided legal notice to Hackney Council due to the council blocking access to start building the equipment needed for the new mast. We are currently waiting for a court date to negotiate next steps for the build to start. Pending a positive outcome from the legal negotiations and access to build is granted, we expect the mast to be on-air by the middle of 2024.

Update: 21 July 2023

Our engineers attended the pre-build meeting. Following the meeting, Hackney Council have blocked our engineers starting build at the area. We have started legal steps with the council to negotiate next steps. Unfortunately, at present we have no date to start building the equipment needed for the new mast.

Update: 22 June 2023

Over the past few weeks, our engineers have attended the pre-build meeting for approval to start building the equipment, and we have been requested to revise the drawings for the build. Pending a positive outcome from the revised drawings, we will start building the equipment needed for the new mast. Once the build is completed, we can confirm an approximate on-air date for the mast.

Update: 08 June 2023

Over the past few months, our engineers have had the road closure approved and been working with the council to agree a date to visit the area and complete a pre-build meeting to approve the equipment build to start. The pre-build meeting has been delayed over the past few weeks due to circumstances out of our control, but we expect the meeting to take place within the next two weeks. Pending a positive outcome from the meeting, we will start building the equipment needed for the new mast. Once the build is completed, we can confirm an approximate on-air date for the mast.

Update: 20 April 2023

Our engineers have submitted the amended drawings for approval to the roof owner, and we expect to have a decision imminently. Pending a positive outcome, we can start building the equipment needed for the new mast. Due to the location of the new mast, a road closure will be required to access the area and start building the equipment. Our engineers have submitted a road closure request and, barring any unforeseen delays, we expect to start building the equipment by the beginning of June. Once all work has been completed, we will confirm an approximate on-air date.

Update: 30 March 2023

Over the past few weeks, our engineers have completed the structural surveys as part of the planning permission and submitted these for approval. The company who owns the roof have requested minor amendments to the drawings. The amended drawings are expected to be submitted within the next two weeks. Pending a positive outcome, we will start building the equipment by the end of April and confirm an approximate on-air date.

Update: 02 March 2023

Over the past few weeks, our engineers have accessed the area safely and completed the surveys. As part of the planning permission, further structural surveys have been requested and we expect to have the final structural surveys completed by the end of March. Once completed, they will be submitted to the council for approval. Pending a positive outcome from the council for the structural surveys, we will start building the equipment in April and expect to have the mast on-air by the end of May.

Update: 09 February 2023 

Over the past month, our engineers have experienced a slight delay completing the surveys required because we have been unable to access the area due to weather conditions, making the location of the mast unsafe to access. Barring any further unforeseen delays, we expect to access the area safely within the next few weeks and complete the surveys and submit these for approval. Pending a positive outcome from the council for the surveys, we can start building the equipment needed for the mast and confirm an approximate on-air date.

Update: 10 January 2023

Our engineers have been working with the site provider to gain access to the area and complete the surveys. Barring any unforeseen delays, we expect to gain access to the area and complete the surveys required by the end of January. Pending a positive outcome from the council for the surveys, we can start building the equipment needed for the mast and confirm an approximate on-air date.

Update: 15 December 2022

Our engineers have been working with the council to complete the surveys requested. Barring any unforeseen delays, we expect all surveys to be completed by the end of the year. Pending a positive outcome from the council for the surveys, we can start building the equipment needed for the mast and confirm an approximate on-air date.

Update: 11 November 2022

Over the past few months, we have been working with the council to answer any concerns and questions to start building the new mast in the area, as build was indefinitely suspended due to intervention from Hackney Council officials. The council have requested further surveys to be completed at the location and our engineers have arranged access to the area in the next week to complete the requested surveys and submit these for approval. Once the surveys have been approved, we can confirm a start date for the build and an approximate on-air date.

Update: 06 September 2022

Our engineers have regrettably been unable to begin building the equipment for the new mast as expected last week. This is due to intervention from Hackney Council officials. We had requested the appropriate notice for road closures and had the appropriate permissions in place for the build to start. 

The new mast, which will restore service for affected users in the Bethnal Green and Moorfields areas, has had to be indefinitely suspended whilst any new concerns and questions from the council are answered.  We now estimate starting the build for the new mast in November 2022, however this is dependent on all necessary permissions being granted by Hackney Council and is subject to change.

Update: 29 July 2022

Our engineers have been working with the site provider to gain access to the area to start building the equipment, but we have experienced a slight delay because we require the road to be closed for a crane that is needed to complete the build. The road closure has been requested with the local council and, barring any further unforeseen delays, we will be accessing the area at the end of august to start building the equipment needed. We expect all work to be completed and the mast to be on-air by the end of September.

Update: 08 July 2022

Over the past few weeks, our engineers have acquired the parts needed to start building the new mast. We have experienced a slight delay accessing the area and are currently working with the site provider to arrange a date to access the site and start building the equipment needed for the new mast.

Barring any unforeseen delays, we expect to start building the equipment by the end of July. Once the work is completed, we can start integrating the mast onto the network and confirm an approximate on-air date.

Update: 31 May 2022

Over the past few weeks, our engineers have submitted the electrical tests for review, and I’m pleased to say that these have been approved by UK Power Networks. Barring any unforeseen delays, we will start building the equipment needed for the new mast by the beginning of July.

Once we have an on-air date, we will update this post.

Update: 12 May 2022

Over the past month, UK Power Networks have replaced the electrical equipment at the area. We are currently completing electrical tests on the new equipment to make sure this will be health and safety compliant. Barring any unforeseen delays, the tests will be submitted for review by the end of May.

Pending a positive outcome from the electrical tests, our engineers will request planning permission from the landowner to start building the equipment needed for the new mast.

Update: 21 March 2022

Our engineers have visited the site with the council at the beginning of March to assess the area and carry out electrical tests. We have found UK Power Networks will be required to replace electrical equipment for the area to be health and safety compliant. The work will need to be completed before we can access the area to start building the equipment.

Once we have a date for the electrical work to be completed, we can confirm an approximate on-air date for the new mast.

Update: 08 February 2022

Over the past few months our engineers have conducted further surveys and found the electrics in the building are currently in a state of disrepair. We have submitted an offer to UK Power Networks to replace the electrics for the area to be health and safety compliant for the new mast.

Pending a positive outcome from UK Power Networks, the electrical work will be completed and we will start building the equipment needed for the new mast.

Update: 04 November 2021

Our engineers have been working with UK Power Networks over the past month and have submitted a new design for the mast. Once all negotiations with UK Power Networks are completed and the designs have been accepted, we can start to build the equipment needed and confirm an installation date for the new mast.

Update: 04 October 2021

Our engineers have been working with the Council over the past few months and the application has been successful for the mast to be installed. We will be attending the site in the next few weeks with UK Power Networks to discuss power options. Once this step is completed, we can start to build the equipment needed and confirm an on-air date for the new mast.  

We’re aware of a signal issue that is affecting some of our customers in the Bethnal Green, Moorfields’s area.

Our mast in the area had to be removed from the existing site in July 2021, at the request of the site provider.

Our engineers have located a new area for the replacement mast to be installed, and we are working with Hackney Council to legally acquire the land, with a decision expected by the end of September. Once all legal steps have been completed, we can start to build the equipment needed for the new mast and confirm an approximate installation date.

We’re sorry for any inconvenience caused. In the meantime, you may be able to use WiFi Calling to make and receive calls and texts over a WiFi connection.

For information on who can use WiFi Calling and how to set up this service, please see our EE WiFi Calling: All you need to know, article.

17 REPLIES 17
Babz871
Visitor

Why I'm I still getting charged the same amount every month if you can't provide the service I'm paying for? Currently sharing my O2 data through hotspot and I'll have to use it until September!

Leanne_T

Hi @Babz871

Thanks for posting on the community. 

If you're affected by the mast being offline, please get in touch with our Mobile Care team. 

Thanks. 

Leanne.

Jorge11
Explorer

Hi,

after 1 month in EE with problems in calls and text in our business with 2 phones. I just know we have problems in the area, but when I contract EE one month ago, nobody told me that. 
I am losing customers with my studio because Our calls is poor, and wifi is not working.

why I need to pay full until September?2 business phones, 2 unlimited data, etc? I tried call EE TEAM care and nobody replied me, it is not good.  I need compensation and call me ASAP.

I am very upset and angry, we are small business and we need this 2 phones. Compensation ASAP. 

Leanne_T

Hi @Jorge11

Thanks for coming to the community.

If you're affected by the mast being offline, please get in touch with our Business Care team, you can find contact details on our Business contact us page

Leanne.

Hi

i was in contact and they didn’t reply my calls…. 2 tried to call me but my phones didn’t work because you don’t have signal in xxxxxxx xxxx( zone 1 in London) increíble!

I texted and called EE staff, her name is Liz, that sold me these 2 lines and after explain everything. She didn’t reply me! Your business care too! And I RECEIVED FULL CHARGE BILL yesterday from you.

really upset so why you don’t reply to me and call me somebody from EE.

my phone xxxxxxxxxxx.

nit excuse now to call me and give me ONE resolution.ASAP

[mod edit: please do not post personal information on the public board. Thanks!]

Leanne_T

Hi @Jorge11

Thanks for coming to the community. 

I am very sorry to hear you have not received a call back, if you get in touch with our Mobile Care team they will be able to get your account looked into and help you with the bill. 

Thanks. 

Leanne.

cnevenjones
Visitor

Hi, is there an update on this issue. My internet has been below 1Mbs for around 10 days now which means I need to tether from my phone which obviously costs a fair amount.

Thanks

pamment
Visitor

Hi Leanne,

was the mast removed the one that was located on the corner of Hackney Road & Cremer Street?

is there any update on the progress of a replacement mast being installed?

many thanks

Ryan

Leanne_T

Hi everyone. 

The main post has been updated with the latest information. 

Leanne.