cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls Sound like a Darlek on IPhone

Queenvic
Investigator
Investigator

I have been with EE for many years signal is very good around the area.  But about 3 months ago people were saying I sounded like Darlek when calling or the caller sounded like a darlek/robotic so I would hang up redial and it would be okay - it’s not doing that now, it’s almost every call to a mobile, not noticed it when calling landline - these are the things I have tried

1 turning on/off WiFi calling - no difference plus this happens also when in the car as when at home.

2 swapped the SIM card in case that was faulty I’m now on esim

3 spoke to ee tech guys - they said no fault showing

4 Tried using WhatsApp - not a problem totally clear but I can’t use this in the car

5 changed the phone from 11 to a new iPhone 13 - first call I made Darlek. 😡

6 reset network settings and switched it off and on so many times it’s ridiculous 

7 gone insane

i have read numerous forums all with this problem but with no solution - has anyone who has had this problem managed to sort it or find out why it happens?

7 REPLIES 7
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Queenvic,

Welcome back to the EE Community. 🙂

Our Technical Support Team are best placed to look into this for you.

They'll be happy to run through some further diagnostics if you get in touch.

James

Thanks, i will try them again - might be 3rd time lucky you never know!

(Tried them at the weekend and after 45 mins on hold gave up!)

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Please keep us updated @Queenvic 🙂

James

bristolian
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

App-based calls are not carried through EE's mobile network as calls but as what they are - data traffic. All this proves is that your phone's speaker & microphone are working.

Does VoLTE/4G-calling show next to the coverage indicators when you get audio breakup? WiFi-calling & VoLTE use the same central network for routing.

Speech breakup should usually self-correct after a short time, but there are widespread reports at present.

Queenvic
Investigator
Investigator

Update

I called ee spoke to a nice guy I went through everything and he said I should be doing his job lol!  He couldn’t find any mast problems so reset the network settings at his end and I did on my phone.  He also said to take WiFi calling off, WiFi call assist off and force the phone onto 4G.

done all of this on my phone and my mum and dads (who I get the most problems with) and it’s exactly the same - Gutted 😭 

When on a call to a mobile (I don’t get this at all to landline) it does have pockets where it’s okay but the Darlek is relentless and keeps popping up throughout the whole call.

Fresh out of ideas now.

bristolian
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

The CS agent should have offered to raise an investigation ticket for further investigation. This is unlikely to be a radio-access issue and therefore wouldn't show on any search for "mast problems".

The issue is likely to be within the central network, and should have been raised accordingly. If you then log examples of when this problem happens, it can be cross-referenced against call traces. I appreciate this may require persistence.

Thank you I will make a note of the worst calls and I think CS did mention something to do with raising a ticket so I will persist.