cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G/5G connection has been terrible

SJ1085
Explorer

For the last couple of months my 4G speeds have been disgusting. I thought it may be due to my 2 year contract being complete and I wasn’t renewing it for a good few months. So I thought I’d do a 12 months sim only plan, which I did 3days ago. I went for the option with the best possible speeds, so it said. 5G doesn’t even appear  but that’s fine cause for me 4G speeds seem to be good enough for me. BUT for some reason lately it’s been totally totally rubbish where I live in London Canary Wharf. So now I’m kinda regretting taking out another contract with EE. Is anyone else having problems in this part on London ? I’m getting 5/6mb download speeds and less than 1mb on upload. EE need to change their TV ads about having great speeds.

6 REPLIES 6
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Reaching your min. term has no effect on speeds.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Already spoke with someone yesterday about this issue. I did all the troubleshooting that needed to be done and still in the same situation. The lady I was speaking with was nice and tried to help but to be honest it seemed like she doesn’t know what’s going on so I gave up because we were both wasting our time 

bristolian
Legend
Legend

What phone/device are you using? And are these problems on multiple devices?

Do you know any other EE users in these locations, and are they having similar issues?

Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @SJ1085 

Try restarting your device. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
SMN_
Visitor

Yes! Funnily enough I also live in Canary Wharf and have one bar of signal and on 5G but in general it’s not great. 
I am also very much regretting taking out another contract.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @SMN_ 

Thanks for coming here, I am sorry to hear you are experiencing signal issues. 

Have you reported the problem on our EE Coverage & Network Status Checker? If you select 'check status' you can report this to our network team. 

Leanne.