cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mobile data not working on pixel 3a

djb74
Investigator
Investigator

I am able to make calls and send/receive SMS messages but I can no longer receive mobile data. I only noticed this about a month ago and previously I've had no problem with mobile data. I have tried the SIM in a different mobile and mobile data didn't work there either. This is happening wherever I go not just my local area. I've tried restarting my phone many times and I have reset network settings but that did not work either. Is there anything else I can try?

10 REPLIES 10
djb74
Investigator
Investigator

I am able to make calls and send/receive SMS messages but I can no longer receive mobile data.  I only noticed this about a month ago and previously I've had no problem with mobile data.  I have tried the SIM in a different mobile and mobile data didn't work there either.  This is happening wherever I go not just my local area.  I've tried restarting my phone many times and I have reset network settings but that did not work either.  Is there anything else I can try?

Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @djb74 

Are you on EE PAYG or pay monthly contract?

Are you in the UK

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Hello,  I am on a pay monthly subscription pack.  I am in the UK yes.

PAYG then!

What does texting AL to 150 from your no. fully report verbatim (it is free)?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I did that earlier and got:

Your current balance as of today 16:42 is £10.02. On 20/06/2023 your £5.00 Monthly Debit/Credit Card Payment will recur.
You have 148 minutes, unlimited texts and 15.0GB remaining until 21/06/2023 for your £5 VIP Pack. Your remaining data includes 500MB of rolled over data. Your last top up was £5.00 on 21/05/2023

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @djb74 

Can you try logging into your My EE app, going to Menu, Settings and Permissions, do you have use mobile data turned on? 

Leanne 🙂

In the EE app, under Settings and Permissions I just have:

Lost/Stolen device

Leave EE

Unlock your device

Activate my SIM

Replace my SIM

Transfer number to EE

ID Verification

WiFi Calling

App Settings

I don't see mobile data setting there.

I have mobile data turned on in the phone settings, but I can't see a mobile data setting in the My EE app.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for checking this for me @djb74 

In this case, please call us on 150 and the team can check your account settings and help you get this sorted 🙂

Leanne.

I called 150 and talked to several of your colleagues and the problem was that EE has upgraded to 4G but my subsription was still 3G.  They said they had upgraded my subscription to 4G and I just needed to restart my phone.  I restarted and I can now get mobile data.  Unfortunately the EE app is now saying I have 0GB of data and no minutes or texts.  Unfortunately they didn't stay on the line to check everything was ok.  Previous to the call I had 148 minutes, unlimited texts and 15GB remaining.