cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong information given

JordanStandell
Explorer

After ordering a new phone a few weeks ago I spoke to the lady on the phone and asked - while I am on holiday next week will I be charged for using my data? She replied no.. I am on holiday and have already been charged!!! I pay for unlimited data which she assured me I can use whilst on holiday - absolutely scammed just so I upgraded my phone!! Money grabbing network! As I don’t pay enough already! Never had this problem on my old contract.

3 REPLIES 3
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @JordanStandell 

Welcome to the community.

Whereabouts are you? Any contracts taken out after 7th July 2023 do not have free EU roaming as standard. I'm sorry if you've been told otherwise.

If you have a plan that includes an inclusive extra, you can add the Roam Abroad Pass in your My EE account.

Chris

I’m in Tenerife.

The matter is I was told I wouldn’t have a more chargers. I went from a £15-£20 contract to a £55 contract. Never been charged before and now boom!

Sent from my iPhone

@JordanStandell   Its  2021 not 2023 you got charged for roaming.   And in order to use your allowances in the EU you needed a roam further pass.     if your contact was pre this date roaming was included.    

Please have a read of THIS