cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why tell people they are provided unlimited internet but lie?..

Lguyatt56
Visitor

Hi not happy paying for what I pay and not even giving unlimited Internet when mines unlimited I'm currently at a friend's helping with the kids and the Internet was broken the father is currently at family's away seeing his brother who was in a serious accident.

Got a message saying my shared data is due to expire.

My data is supposed to be unlimited not happy one bit as they got health concerns and engineer won't be out until Tuesday.

looking to cancel my contract as it didn't keep to it's contract terms and not paying so much money a month for something I need and it isn't even unlimited why say "unlimited but restrict it" 

Lying on a contract is a serious offence.

I would like my contract to be cancelled free of charge as not happy with service and been paying for a lot of months now. 

What compensation are you going to be providing for this issue?

5 REPLIES 5
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Gi @Lguyatt56 

It says in the terms and conditions and the "legal bit"

Unlimited Plans : 50GB fair use policy applies outside UK. Personal, non-commercial use only. If you regularly tether 12 or more devices, we will consider this non-personal use and have the right to move you to a more suitable plan. We will consider usage above 600GB/month to be non-personal use and have the right to apply traffic management controls to deprioritise your mobile traffic during busy periods or to move you to a business plan. You can gift up to 100GB. Data usage on an unlimited plan will decrement from giftable allowance. Any data boost allowance will be added to the giftable allowance. 

If you dont read it then it is your fault. 

No compensation, but if you want to pay your remaining contract term off and cancel then youll need to speak to EE CS on 150. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Hi Northerner, 

I am a potential customer looking for a new device and also happen to be looking for the best available on the market, somewhat irrelevant.

I come on to the forum to see check what "Unlimited" truly meant and I see you're dealing with a potentially difficult customer. I see your reply, what do you think goes through my head?

I'm unsure if you're a representative to EE, but I would hope not.

Regards,
Anthony

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @AnTurner 

Welcome to the community.

EE staff accounts are marked like mine 'EE Community Support Team', or 'EE Community Manager'. The information that @Northerner posted are the correct terms for the unlimited data plans.

Chris

Hi @AnTurner 

You don't need to register on the forum to find out what unlimited means you just need to read the legal bit and the terms & conditions which are available on EE website. 

The original poster was making spurious allegations when ultimately they were trying to deflect their own failure in not reading the relevent information before committing to a contract. 

Thanks. 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
Hi Northerner,

Let’s talk allegations, why do I have to assume that my understanding of the word unlimited is proxy to an alternative definition deriving somehow from EE’s dictionary?

Regardless of the laws surrounding the terminology, it is assumed non-personal but also explicitly defining the phrase “non-personal”. This is likely because of the wordplay of “Unlimited”. Within this ticket, if the user provides evidence that it is for personal use and you deem it is indeed for personal use, what is your stance upon this?

It is taking advantage of the common folk, and quite frankly a poor display of monopolising an industry, this is an allegation, Northerner.

Finally,
Anthony