Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited Data

XboxGamer1987
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

Hello

I got Unlimited Data and I've just checked My EE and my Data usage states the following.

Great news! Your plan includes unlimited data. What's more, you can gift up to 120GB of data to other phones and tablets on your account every month.

You have 10.8GB left to gift until your allowances restart

10.8 GB left of 100.0 GB

I'm unsure why it says I've got 10.8GB left out of 100.0GB.  I share my data as a Hotspot with someone else.  As they don't get much and not with EE and I don't have Broadband yet.

What happens when it runs out what it states is remaining?

Surely it's Unlimited.

Many thanks 

7 REPLIES 7
Eddy2760
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

Was your old plan 100gb ?? 

if you have only just taken out a new broadband deal say in the last day or two, it can take a few days for your account to show unlimited 👌 EE is truly uncapped and unlimited 👌 just keep an eye on your account and if it does get low before showing unlimited, give EE CS a call via 150 or 0800 079 8586 from a different phone 👌

You can tether or use hotspots 

Yes, you can hotspot off your phone as long as it's for personal use only. For more information on personal use, please see EE’s  terms and conditions. 

hope this helps 👌 

Eddy
Eddy2760
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

Unlimited Plans: Uncapped and Unlimited data - If you're outside the UK you'll be subject to the data fair use policy cap (given in your roaming plan). Personal, non-commercial use only. If you regularly tether 12 or more devices, we will consider this non-personal use and have the right to move you to a more suitable plan. We will consider usage above 600GB/month to be non-personal use and have the right to apply traffic management controls to deprioritise your mobile traffic during busy periods or to move you to a business plan.

Eddy

Not truly! Unlimited data plans have a FUP of 600 GB pm beyond which it is considered to be non-personal use & is thereafter traffic managed. 

EDIT: As you subsequently discovered!

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

It's only talking about data that you may potentially gift from the 1st 100GB of all your data to other nos. on your a/c if you choose to. It's just a warning just in case you wanted to. You may safely ignore it & carry on using data for your own purposes including hotspotting.

As you use data for your own use you are eating into this gifting allowance even when you are not actually gifting it.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
XboxGamer1987
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

Hello

@Eddy2760 @ My old plan was 25GB and changed to Unlimited data two weeks ago as 25GB wouldn't have done me till it refreshed.  

I don't have Broadband yet. 

@XRaySpeX 

I'm in the UK and tether between 3 Devices.  I only have 2 Accounts with two numbers on EE which is my phone and my watch which can't be gifted Data.

OK, so you won't want to gift any data. So you can just ignore that warning. 

Ahh cool cool, I thought you had taken up broadband to get the unlimited data lol 😂 

When upgrading, when did they say the unlimited data would start? As it may not start until your next bill date. 
Normally when upgrading though it takes 24-48hrs for your account to change to reflect your new package. 

If in doubt that your data won’t last till your next bill I would call CS or start chat with them and speak about options 👌

Eddy