cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited Data Issues

Profile closed
Not applicable

Hi,

I have an unlimited data plan. Both the host device (my mobile) and the receiver's (my laptop) packet data are not sent. Due to this, I am unable to use my hotspot.

My pcap shows that information is being sent to an unknown location even while not connected to the wifi for both devices. I've already paid my contract and all bars are full on both of these devices. What is happening?

Disclaimer: This pcap capture data does not show my IP. This data shows data being sent by localhost.

PCAP data: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1CN5hNC22qXS6VxZCIA6W7ii0Lu7LC-gq?usp=share_link

I can provide additional packet data if needed.

1 REPLY 1
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Profile closed : Linked file not visible. Do you need to have an a/c there?

@Profile closed wrote:

the host device (my mobile) and the receiver's (my laptop) packet data are not sent.

How is data being sent between them? It is not clear. Is this a case of the latter tethering on the former's hotspot?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)