cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to use mobile data on Fairphone3

nd8
Investigator
Investigator

I am unable to connect to Internet of wi-fi on my 'phone is switched off. My package is adequate, as is proven when I swap my SIM into an phone, and mobile data works.

7 REPLIES 7
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @nd8 

From your comments above the issue seems to be the device or the device firmware. Is data active on the phone? 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

If you mean is mobile data 'on', then the answer is yes. Just this morning, I had v.intermittent mobile data availability ; I noticed the 'used' amount of my quota had increased by 8MB and then a further 1 MB. However, I have switched off wi-fi again and 'no internet connectipon' having checked that mobile data is switched on.

Have spoken twice to EE 2nd line support ; they suggest the problem is with the device

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @nd8

If the SIM works in any other device, this would indicate it is the device that is the problem. 

Does any other EE SIM work in the Fairphone?

Leanne.

I don't have access to another EE SIM. However, 2nd line support suggested they were some compatibility issues with newer EE SIMs ; another reason they were not suggesting replacing the SIM

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks @nd8

I would suggest contacting the manufacturer of the device to see if they can offer any advice. 

Leanne.

nd8
Investigator
Investigator

I have done so. Will post any updates.