cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow upload speeds

a_ukboy
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi, I get a 4G connection when at home, usually 2-3 bars of signal, my download speeds vary from 20-40mbps but my issue is upload speed, it’s usually 0.3-0.5mbps.. occasionally it goes as high as 1mbps, it makes using the internet slow, pages on safari take a while to start loading and FaceTime or WhatsApp video calling impossible, what speeds should i be getting with upload? 
I have checked the status checker and it says no issues! 

Thanks 

10 REPLIES 10
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @a_ukboy 

It could be one of a few different issues from your geographic location to EE mast to the building. 

What is your reception like outside?

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
a_ukboy
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

It’s the same outside 

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @a_ukboy

Have you checked to see if there are any maintenance works in your area? You can check the network status on our coverage checker.

You can also report a problem on there.

Chris

a_ukboy
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

No issues according to the status checker 

Christopher_G

Did you report a problem, @a_ukboy? That way our network team can investigate it.

Chris

a_ukboy
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

So I reported my slow upload speed, got told they could not find a problem, but this is my speed now! Clearly there is a problem! 
I usually have great speeds from EE at home E6D2666E-ECAA-4F26-BA8A-AD36718EE115.png

BCFB248B-21C3-4073-AD64-047CF516FE7C.png

[Mod edit: Image rejected due to it containing personal information.]

Christopher_G

Thanks for reporting it, @a_ukboy

Do you get the same speed results on more than one device? Have you tried restarting all of your equipment?

Chris

a_ukboy
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Thanks for the reply, I have rebooted my phone, it’s and iPhone 12 Pro, but I can’t try another device because it’s an esim! 

Christopher_G

Thanks, @a_ukboy

Could you try forgetting the network and re-connecting it please?

Chris