cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharer sim

mo6767
Explorer

Hi, I currently have my own phone and a sharer sim my partner uses. If I upgrade my phone with a new contract, can I leave the sharer sim as it is? Will my data automatically still be shared?

6 REPLIES 6
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @mo6767 

Thanks for coming here. 

If you have a pay monthly personal account, the sharer SIM would need to move to an individual plan. You can gift data to the number using your data allowance you get with the new plan. 

To discuss your options for both numbers, please call us on 150 and the team will be happy to help 🙂

Leanne.

Hi Leanne,
ah that's not good as I'm only paying £11 for the sharer sim. I was hoping
that I could just upgrade my phone to an iphone 14, but keep the sim at the
same cost.

When you say gift the data - would we just share the data? Currently we
have 20Gb and it gets shared evenly. Would it mean giving 10Gb to my
partner and keeping 10Gb for my self every month or is it automatic like
now?

Maurice 
Mobile: xxxxxxxxxxxx

[Mod edit: Please do not share personal details as your posts are visible to the public. Thanks!]

@mo6767  You would have to manually gift the other device the data each month.   You do this via the my EE app.  
it would be best to call customer services and ask what can be done.  

existentialisej
Visitor

If anybody else stumbles upon this page and is curious, I've had an active sharer SIM attached to my account and have upgraded more than once in that time. It's possible to upgrade the "leader" and still keep the sharer SIM attached. I'm paying a similar amount to the OP for mine. It may be that there were differing terms and conditions at different times but mine has been going since 2017.

i've had a sharer sim since 2016/2017 also (paying around £11), this month i got a text from EE on my sharer sim stating i've run out of data. When I called EE, I was told they are no longer doing sharer sim. I also can't gift data from my leader sim 😞

Anyone else having this issue? 

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @ysf89 

Shared plans have been discontinued. If you already have one set up, it should automatically share the data with the leader number. If you changed to separate, eligible plans, you would be able to gift data between the lines.

Chris