cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeing Data Abroad

mrhackenbacker
Investigator
Investigator

Why will EE not allow me to see my data on my account when abroad?

7 REPLIES 7
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @mrhackenbacker 

Thanks for coming here. 

Are you looking to view your remaining data allowance? 

If so, can you access your My EE account? 

Leanne 🙂

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Where are you?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Leanne, 

No, I couldn't se on App or by logging onto the website. 😞

mrhackenbacker

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @mrhackenbacker,

Are you trying to view your remaining UK data or the data remaining from a roaming data add-on?

Where are you roaming?

James

I was in Turkey. I didn't want to use Roaming just wanted to move data for rest of family who were in UK.

I was away with someone else who had exactly  the same problem as me with there EE account.

I had phoned EE before to make sure I would be able to move data whilst abroad. Was told as long as I was on WIFI it would  be fine. Sadly, this was not the case. Just get a message saying "Something went wrong and we cannot show you remaining data at the moment. We are sorry about this. Please try again in a few minutes."

I did tens of time, but got the same message. System clearly not working as it should.

@mrhackenbacker : When was your billing date?

If you are in a country, like Turkey,  where you cannot use your own UK allowances when your billing date occurs, you can no longer gift data until you return to UK. 

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

This was not what I was advised by EE when I contacted them before my trip. 😞

They need to flag this to Users as it is a real problem if your renewal date comes up whilst you are away.

Thanks for your input though.