cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming Further Pass not working

Leon52
Explorer

I’m currently in Australia. I activated the Further Pass before leaving the UK, but I can’t use data. Calls are fine. I’ve rang CS several times and I was passed on to Tech Support 2 who still couldn’t help. We tried everything. The last thing they asked me to do was to reset my network and they would call me back. They never did. I’ve tried ringing them four times since through the new text-based system, which says someone will ring me back in 10 minutes, but no one does ever. I’ve read that the Further Pass should be deactivated and that might work. How do I do it without CS? Or how do I get data? I feel pretty stranded 

6 REPLIES 6
bristolian
Legend
Legend

The Roam Further pass is just a billing add-on, it is separate from having the roaming facility active - which enables your phone to connect to foreign networks.

Without the ability to connect to foreign networks, then you cannot use those networks for anything of voice, text or data.

I would assume that if you've been in contact with CS, that this has been checked - and therefore the standard advice to try an alternative local network would apply.

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Try calling CS on the Freephone no. in my sig. on Skype over WiFi. It should be free.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

OP says he can make calls. So a/c roaming must be activated.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @Leon52 

Thanks for coming here. 

If you call us and select option 1 for mobile queries, then option 2 you will get the options to speak to one of the team, they can get this looked into further. 

Let us know how you get on 🙂

Leanne.

Leon52
Explorer

In the end, it turns out that activating Further Pass for Australia and Travel Data for Hong Kong at the same time (my next destination) wasn't a good idea, since the one blocks the other from working. The solution for Australia was to deactivate the Travel Data for Hong Kong. When I finally managed to speak to a Tech advisor who'd experienced this problem before and she cancelled my Travel Data, I finally could roam in Australia.

However the inverse problem occurred when I reached Hong Kong: although I texted "TRAVEL" to 150 several times (and was charged for it each time: I'll be picking this one up with Billing), the fact the that Further Pass was still on for a month (new rule apparently; before you could stop it after your week in Australia) was preventing Travel Data from working. Another Tech advisor had to manually cancel the Further Pass for Travel Data to finally become operational. I've never encountered this problem before, which makes it difficult and time consuming to travel through different destinations with a mixture of Further Pass and Travel Data.  Plus it leads to lots of billing overcharges. 

I hope this helps someone.

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Thanks for getting back to use to share your experience and your solution, @Leon52 

Jon