Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor mobile data at work

Les_81t
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, 

I've been having trouble with my data at work for the last few weeks. I've spoken to EE and we have done speed tests etc, some will not even load the page to get to the test. I'm not in a situation where I can log into a wifi connection. 

I wondered if there was anything I could have and keep at work that might help boost the connection. It seems to be only Vodafone that is decent download speeds and I'm not wanting to change networks. 

Things improve outside but I'm not in a position to keep nipping outside when I need to check things. 

Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

16 REPLIES 16
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Les_81t 

Thanks for coming here. 

Do you get data in other areas? 

Is anyone else at work with EE and having the same problem? 

Leanne 🙂

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Are you able to make & receive voice calls indoors?

Does your phone show stable coverage indicators when you have problems?

Works everywhere else, even outside, everyone on EE is the same and BT. 

I reset somethings as advised by the lad on the phone but it's not changed anything. 

It would be ok if I could join WIFI  but it isnt an option. 

I have 4G coverage of three bars. 

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for getting back to us @Les_81t

If you search your work postcode using the Coverage Checker what does it report you should receive for 4G indoor and outdoors?

Katie

bristolian
Legend
Legend

The other question in my previous post - are you able to make & receive voice calls?

Are you using Apple or Android? If Apple - is 4G-calling selected in your phone's menu? If Android - does VoLTE show next to your signal bars?

Can you post a suitably anonymised nearby postcode? These symptoms could potentially be caused by significantly increased traffic on a single low-band carrier.

Yes, phone calls are fine. No signal fluctuations. 

Apple, 

4g, I turned off 5g following a conversation with an ee advisor. DE557JA 😊

4g both in and out. It’s been fine until earlier this year.