cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One off roaming upgrade

HTuk
Investigator
Investigator

Recently, I attempted to get a temporary mobile data upgrade so we can have access to internet while abroad. However, I was not made aware that because we are on an older 3G service and tariff we cannot use the mobile data we purchased. My wife and I spent a lot of time on the 150 help calls with your support team only to resolve the issue while still in the UK only to find out that it was a futile exercise once we were abroad and at the mercy of available free wi-fi.

9 REPLIES 9
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @HTuk

Welcome to the community.

Which add-on do you have and whereabouts in the world are you?

Chris

I was in Turkey and my wife was visiting Spain.

Christopher_G

Are you on contract or pay as you go, @HTuk?

Are you back in the UK now?

Chris

We are both in the UK and even in the UK we struggle to use our Mobile data. We are on pay as you go but transferred from the old virgin tariff paying only when we use our phone and without the need to top up.

Katie_B

Hello @HTuk

Did you receive a new SIM?

If yes, did you make any chargeable calls or texts before you left the UK from this SIM?

Speak soon, 

Katie 🙂

Yes we did get a new SIM card from the EE Sheffield Branch and Yes we did attempt to use mobile data before our departure. It was obvious that the mobile data was not likely to work under any conditions.  We paid over £11 for a service that we were never going to be able to use as intended.

Katie_B

Hello @HTuk

Thanks for getting back to me. 

What does texting AL to 150 from the SIM report?

Katie 🙂

The charge was for one off upgrade.  We lost the 2GB of data as it reset today 15 June. So, as expected the Charge for the next month £0.00.  The issue was with paying the £11.40 to get the data that we were never going to be able use for the last charging period.

James_B

Hi @HTuk,

If you have been charged for a data add-on that isn't compatible with your plan, please get in touch with Customer Care so a member of the team can arrange a refund.

Thanks

James