cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service in Greece

Ian-D
Investigator
Investigator

Arrived in Greece 2 days ago. My wife and I both have the same mobile contract , she received the welcome message and her phone switched to the local provider. No welcome message on mine and has displayed ‘no service’ since, after searching. Data roaming and automatic network are selected but no joy 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi -

no I didn’t ( I wasn’t aware I had to )  having said that neither did my wife and she picked up a local network as she left the arrival lounge. Obviously I can’t do that now because I have no service

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @Ian-D

Welcome to the community. 

Did you activate roaming before leaving the UK by either texting ROAMING to 150 or by giving us a call?

Katie

Hi -

no I didn’t ( I wasn’t aware I had to )  having said that neither did my wife and she picked up a local network as she left the arrival lounge. Obviously I can’t do that now because I have no service

Katie_B

Hi @Ian-D

The service can still be activated whilst you are abroad. 

You have the option of calling +44 7953 966 120 from your wifes handset or by logging in to your online account and waiting for the live chat option to appear. 

Katie

I’m signed into my on line account but I’m yet to see any chat option

Katie_B

Hi @Ian-D

This will appear when an agent is available. 

Could you also see if the 'start conversation' button appears on THIS PAGE

If you are still unable to get through on these routes please give us a call. 

Katie

bristolian
Legend
Legend

@Ian-D wrote:

My wife and I both have the same mobile contract , Data roaming and automatic network are selected but no joy 

Data roaming just means using mobile data over a roaming network, you still need to have roaming activated to connect to the local network.

It sounds like your wife had roaming activated already, and your phone didn't.

I am well aware of what roaming is. It may sound as tho’ my wife had roaming activated but I seriously doubt if she had the tach savvy to do it! I have travelled to Greece

many times and the roaming has always been automatic. It never dawned on me that I’d have to do it manually

The phone number you gave replies with a ‘ this phone number is barred’ message. I used the “ this page” link you provided and managed to chat with a pleasant person in India, who took my phone number and informed me that everything was now set up and would be activated within 24 hours. Here I am 36 hours later, still no service  

Leanne_T

Hi @Ian-D 

I am sorry to hear this is still not working for you after contacting us, please try getting in touch with us again to get this looked into further. 

Leanne.