cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New EE Data SIM On A Pixel 7, 4G Connected But "No Internet Connection"

KenAppleby
Investigator
Investigator

I have a new EE data SIM installed in a Pixel 7. The Internet settings show "EE, 4G" and the settings show that data is being used, because the reported usage is going up.

But no applications can operate. They all say "no internet". The mobile data connection icon, the triangle in the upper right of the screen, shows an exclamation mark.

It appears that applications can connect, but no data are downloaded.

I have attempted to add a new Access Point Name for EE. I have reset the APN settings. But nothing works.

Can anyone please help or advise?

Thanks

29 REPLIES 29
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @KenAppleby

Was the phone bought direct with EE? 

If not is your phone unlocked to all networks?

Katie

KenAppleby
Investigator
Investigator

I think that's probably the problem, thanks.

I got the phone from BT Shop. It was not supposed to be tied to BT, but it looks like it is.

Thanks for the help. I'll find a way to untie it.

Ken

As long as you bought it after Dec '21 it won't be locked to any network. OFCOM banned that.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I bought it in March 2023. So that's not the explanation then?

Ken

Leanne_T

Hi @KenAppleby 

Can you make calls and send texts?

Do you have data remaining from your pack? 

Leanne.

Hi Leanne_T,

On calls I get an automated message telling me I have no credit to make calls, which is not surprising on a data-only SIM.

Texts work.

Data usage continues to go up (now at 14.71 MB) but there is no internet access for any app. Looking at the details of the data usage it is all Background. Foreground usage is 0.

I have tried a lycamobile SIM and the exact same thing happens.

Thanks,
Ken

Leanne_T

Thanks @KenAppleby 

Just to check, do you have mobile data turned on in your network settings? 

Could you make sure the APN settings are correct for EE, as shown in our EE APN Settings: Where to find them article? 

Leanne 🙂

Yes, mobile data is on, and the APN settings appear correct, though missing the MMS, MMSC settings. I have created a new APN with the full details. Still no internet. Background app data usage is now up to 15.2MB.

I have reset the APN settings. Still no internet for app.

Thanks Leanne_T

Leanne_T

Thanks for trying @KenAppleby 

Are you able to try the EE SIM card in another phone to see if you have an internet connection? 

Leanne.

Yes, thanks, Leanne_T.

The EE SIM in another phone behaves the same. The connection status is "Connected, EE 4G, but no internet for any apps.

Ken