cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Data - Fair Signal but no Data

Helen7849
Investigator
Investigator

Hi - We have a seasonal caravan and have used a Nighthawk M2 for the last year with data rates of up to 40 mbs. Over the last two weekends although the device registers a "Fair" signal, and shows as connected to the EE Service, we get no internet at all - Device works fine in other locations - We have only just renewed our contract, and only did so on the back of previous good service.
We opened a case last weekend, but a response has come back stating no local issues (Case 4386674).

Any suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Do you, or any friends/relatives locally, use an EE mobile - and is that similarly affected?

Helen7849
Investigator
Investigator

Hi - Yes, we have another mobile attached to the data account which is also affected, and my company provided mobile is also EE and this affected - The mobiles intermittently connect, but the dongle doesn't - All devices register signal and 4g/5g but when you try and access a resource is says there is no internet connection.

bristolian
Legend
Legend

That's good evidence of a network issue. I would suggest a report is logged on the status checker against every individual phone that's affected.

If that fails to elicit a resolution, you'll need to report it via CS on 150 and insist on getting a fault report raised. This may require some persistence.

Out of interest, and assuming 3G is available in this location, does disabling 4G/locking to 3G make any difference? This should also have the side effect of toggling mobile data.

Thanks for your advice - I've got everything running on a Vodaphone sim at the moment, so will try forcing 3g on the EE sim in the morning

Tried the EE Sim this morning, and while looking for the 3G settings the signal retuned, and we are back on circa 20 mbs downloads - Fingers crossed that it was a temporary issue that's been resolved - Thanks bristolian for your support.