Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hotspotting

Kingdom7
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

I have just got an unlimited data SIM plan. Very happy with it. Except one thing.

I just got a text saying I’ve used 80% of my gifting data? I tether to my laptop at work. This was never an issue when I was with Virgin. 

Is there any ways for unlimited hotspotting? I can’t believe I am even asking. I thought this would be standard. If I’d known this was the case, I’d stayed with Virgin.

14 REPLIES 14

I have also had this problem with hotspot, while on holiday I hotspot too my steam deck too download a game and then it said I reach my data cap even though I have unlimited dara.

I was no longer able to tether until the following month 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Cutmire,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Did the message say you'd used your giftable data allowance?

James

@Cutmire - while on holiday

Were you outside of the UK, you will not get Unlimited Data whilst Roaming.

No I was not outside the uk.

I was using my phone as a hotspot and I don't gift data.

So they have a fair use policy but I'm unable to find such policy their site.

@Cutmire : Unlimited Plans:

We will consider usage above 600GB/month to be non-personal use and have the right to apply traffic management controls to deprioritise your mobile traffic during busy periods or to move you to a business plan.
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)