cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gifting Data Not Working

Jodie861
Visitor

Hi,

I am trying to gift data to my daughter, and have been all weekend, but this is not working.

It is saying there is an error and that you'll resolve it soon, as you are not able to display how much data is left.

I need to gift her some as soon as possible as she is at school and communicates through WhatsApp. Can you tell me when this will be resolved please?

Thanks 

18 REPLIES 18

I have just done that and logged back in. It's still the same on data gifting.

GW26
Investigator
Investigator

I managed to get through to technical support just now and they have made a data gift in my account from their end.  That has fixed the issue and I can now see the data status in the app.  They said that they had had a number of issues reported with data gifting recently and think it's most likely a problem with the app.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Graham

James_B
EE Community Support Team

No problem @GW26

I'm happy to hear our technical support team were able to resolve the issue for you.

James

I’ve got the same problem unable to gift data  been like this for a week now reinstalled app still no good tried it on web just says unable to find data

James_B

Hi @Minty65,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Please get in touch with Customer Care so our technical support team can help.

Thanks

James

AnthonyOvery
Visitor

Hi

i have just added a no frills sim to my essentials plan and can’t see the gifting data option. Please advise how I could do this. 

@AnthonyOvery : Data Gifting is a frill. You don't get it with a No Frills SIM.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
TwoRs
Visitor

Having the same issue today. Tried different browser and apps. When this happens they should apply emergency data to all accounts. 

Katie_B

Hello @TwoRs

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues when trying to gift data. 

Could you confirm you have been able to gift previously?

Are you getting an error message? if yes, what does this state?

Katie