cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gifting Data Not Working

Jodie861
Visitor

Hi,

I am trying to gift data to my daughter, and have been all weekend, but this is not working.

It is saying there is an error and that you'll resolve it soon, as you are not able to display how much data is left.

I need to gift her some as soon as possible as she is at school and communicates through WhatsApp. Can you tell me when this will be resolved please?

Thanks 

18 REPLIES 18
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Are you both under the same MyEE family a/c, not PAYG? You need to be to be able to gift data. See Gift Your Data and Set Controls . 

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Jodie861

Thanks for coming to the community 🙂

Have you been able to gift data previously? 

Are you using the My EE app or your My EE account online? 

Thanks 🙂

Leanne. 

I have the same issue.  Every month I gift my son data but this month it's not working.  On the app it doesn't even show his data - on the "Who needs data" screen it leaves a gap on the line where he would normally be.  On the myEE website it says "Sorry, we can't show this device's data right now. Please try again later." and "We will have it fixed soon", but it's been like that for several days. The myEE site shows this for all devices, not just my son's.

James_B

Hi @GW26,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Please can you try logging out of the app and logging in again with your username and password. (Skip the biometric login)

Does that help?

James

No, logging out and back in again doesn't help.

James_B

Hi @GW26,

Are you using the iOS or Android app?

James

It doesn't work on either phone (android) or laptop (Windows 10 with Chrome or Edge browser).

GW26
Investigator
Investigator

But I can successfully gift data to my other son from the app. So it looks like it is something specific to the one account. The app knows my son is low on data "someone in your family is running low on data" but can't find either how much he has left nor how much he had - instead of displaying "0 GB left of 0.25GB" it displays just " of" for that account.

James_B

Hi @GW26,

On your Android phone, please can you try clearing the app history?

Go to settingsapps > My EE > storage > clear data

James