cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE blocking websites

ima_genie
Investigator
Investigator

I've been using EE for a while and now it has blocked one of my manga sites, previously it was working, but recently it seems like they had blocked it off. The website is still accessible only if I use WiFi.

What can I do? 

6 REPLIES 6
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @ima_genie 

Thanks for coming here. 

Could you check your content settings in your EE account, is this set to off? 

Our How Do I Turn On Parental Controls on My Device?, Help page has information on how to check and change your content lock settings. 

Leanne.

I can't find this anywhere in my settings, additionally this is a single plan account. My parents don't even use EE

I'm confused as to why EE would suddenly add content blocking when I've been using it for over 2 years without it. 

Leanne_T

Hi @ima_genie 

Parental controls is the content lock settings and is used to block 18-rated content, this doesn't mean you have any one else on the account. 

If you call us on 150 the team can check your settings to see if anything has changed and help you with the site you are unable to access. 

Leanne. 

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Are you on contract or PAYG?

• On Contract: Follow Switching Content Lock OFF or ON .
  • On PAYG: On PAYG you can't control Content Lock from your MyEE. Instead you need to call EE with a credit card handy & pay a refundable token amount to prove you are over 18. Alternatively you can visit an EE store with some photo ID.
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Then please explain why this was added after 2 years of using the same card, same account and same number

James_B

Hi @ima_genie,

It could be that the age classification of the website has recently changed.

James