cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE Partner

SSFr
Investigator
Investigator

I live in France and need an unlimited data Sim. A company called Sixmobile have what seems the perfect plan and say they are EE partners, but I cant find anything to verify. Does anyone know? https://www.sixmobile.co

6 REPLIES 6
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @SSFr 

Welcome to the community.

I'm finding it hard to find any information on that company, apart from the web address that you sent me. I'm going to look into this a bit further and see what I can find.

Chris

Thanks Chris, Im guessing its not legitimate as I cant find anything on the company. The fact they have an EE logo and say they are partners on their website,  must raise alarms with EE?

@SSFr  if you live in France, then you’ll be better off going with a French network.  EE roaming is for 2 months out of any 4 month period.  And you an only use 50Gb per month when roaming. 

Not quite that easy unfortunately. French Data sims are extremely expensive, you cant get unlimited and they have a poor FUP. The only available unlimited is Holafly, but that is €69 a month and only available in eSim, which my phone is not compatible, and you cant data share via hotspot. 

It is extremely unlikely that you will able to use a Foreign UL Data Sim to Roam in France with UL Data whilst Roaming, and certainly not a UK Sim, you will hit the Roaming FUP Terms in probably All cases.

You may be able to achieve the above with a Global or World Wide Sim, but still the UL Data Use will be questionable as well as expensive.

I roam in Germany for up to 6 months at a time and I use RWG Mobile ( www.rwgmobile.wales ), which runs on the EE/Now mobile network. At the time of writing, you can use all your bundled data as roaming, and their biggest bundle has recently been increased to 200 GB/month for the reasonable price of £20/month (and you don't need to commit to any long term contract). And it allows hotspot & tethering. You do however have to activate your Sim card while you're in the UK (I activated mine the day I flew out). Nowadays it's very rare for UK based providers not to limit roaming, so I find it very useful. The only slight drawback is the customer service is quite weak, phone calls are often answered by an answerphone, and they take their time to answer e-mails. But it's well worth giving a try and picking up a Sim card the next time you're in the UK.