cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE Data SIM won't connect to internet

Bobtheknobs
Investigator
Investigator

I have a new EE contract data SIM.  I am trying to use it in a Celerway Go portable router.  The router recognises the SIM, configures itself with what looks to be the correct settings (APN=everywhere), but the status never gets beyond 'connecting'. 

An O2 data SIM in the same router works fine.  This EE data SIM works fine in other routers, so the SIM itself appears to be fine.  I have another EE data SIM which also works fine in other devices, but also doesn't connect if put in the Celerway Go.  Swapping SIM slots doesn't help.

Any ideas?   I'm about to give up on EE and try another network.

10 REPLIES 10
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Bobtheknobs 

Thanks for coming here. 

Does the router support iPV6?

If no other EE SIM card is working, have you tried contacting the manufacturer to see if EE is compatible with this router? 

Leanne. 

Bobtheknobs
Investigator
Investigator

Hi Leanne,

Thanks for the reply.   Yes, the router is iPV6 compatible, and I'm aware of other EE SIMs working (the company that sold me the router have one working, and they just inserted it and it worked first time).   I've just tried a third EE SIM here with the same result.   These EE SIMs are ordered via our company agent, but they work fine elsewhere.

Bob

Leanne_T

Thanks @Bobtheknobs 

In this case, please report this to our tech gurus or via your company so this can be looked into. 

Leanne.

I tried ringing the EE Helpline but they didn't recognise either the SIM number or the phone number, so couldn't progress it!   I don't think I'll get anywhere reporting the issue back through my company, as essentially the SIM is working.   It just seems to be some strange incompatibility with these SIMs and the router.   Probably just a config tweak needed, but it's knowing what to tweak.

I have also registered the query with the router manufacturer (trying all angles!).

Bob

Leanne_T

Is the SIM part of the business contract with your company? @Bobtheknobs 

Leanne.

Bobtheknobs
Investigator
Investigator

I would imagine so, yes.

Leanne_T

Thanks @Bobtheknobs 

If you speak to your company agent who provided the SIM, they can contact EE and let them know what is happening to see if anything is needed to be changed. 

Leanne.

Bobtheknobs
Investigator
Investigator

One other user of the Celerway Go has found that his PAYG SIM works fine, but as mentioned mine doesn't.   Comparing the two, the settings are below (all autoconfigured).  Would you expect the differences seen here?

My Contract SIM:
ICCID belongs to Mobile World (MVNO of T-Mobile)
IMSI used is:
Network operator: Everything Everywhere Ltd
Network name: T-Mobile UK

PAYG SIM:
ICCID belongs to IDT Mobile (MVNO of Orange).
IMSI used is:
Network operator: Orange PCS Ltd
Network name: Orange

Christopher_G

Hi @Bobtheknobs 

Are you able to change the settings? We have a EE APN Settings: Where to find them article that may be of help to you.

Chris