cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappointing so called upgrade

NLTFC
Investigator
Investigator

Moved from sky to EE just about a week ago and was expecting the mobile data to be good, considering I picked the “uncapped speed” option, which is “the best for UHD streaming”…haha. What a load of cr*p that is. Can someone explain to me what difference there is between the 100mbps cap and the uncapped speed, because quite frankly, I think it’s a scam. Only difference is the price we pay . It’s scandalous that EE claim to be the best network in the UK. Sky, which use o2’s network is much better…

5 REPLIES 5
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@NLTFC  The difference is 100Meg will not go past that and unlimited is as fast as possible.  Don’t forget this also depends on network and how many others are connected to that mast. More users the the more strain the on the mast.    And EE can claim that as it’s awarded to them they don’t just say it for no reason.  

Been with this company 1 week and already the worst I’ve been with. There’s no chance they are the best in the UK 😂. Just ran a speed check on 5g and getting 30mbps. Might as well have paid less for the capped one. Absolute thieves. 

NLTFC
Investigator
Investigator

IMG_6046.png

“Everything everywhere “ 😂😂. 30.2mbps on an uncapped plan. Really good service that is…🤥

bristolian
Legend
Legend

@NLTFC wrote:

It’s scandalous that EE claim to be the best network in the UK. Sky, which use o2’s network is much better…

Network comparison metrics consistently rate EE above other operators for data & voice performance, although there will always be localised variation.

Cool story pal. 30mbps on 5g is sh*t. My partner who is still with sky is getting 80 in the same location as me…