cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data roll-over

uzie_22
Visitor

Just wondering why EE does not roll over data on pay monthly contracts, we pay for data in over contracts along with calls and messages but its never rolled over, yet they can increase the price every year (API) for no real reason as the cost of calling and sending messages has not changed since I first had a mobile in the 90s. 

I’ve been a loyal customer for over 15 years, but now I’m looking for value for money with my phone contract, at present its not. 

2 REPLIES 2
BrendonH
Community Hero
Community Hero

Because they don't. And you knew this before taking out a contract.

The costs of everything has gone up especially since the 90s so yes they have gone up.

But the yearly price increase which again you agreed to when signing up is not just for the costs of text and calls it's so they can keep investing in the network as all their other costs are also going up.

EE never claims to be the cheapest network so I don't get why you think it would be, there are cheaper networks out there, but it's the quality you need to think about.

02 may be cheaper for you but will you get signal where you need it most? I can't answer that question I don't know where you live.

Where I am Vodafone is non existent. EE has the best signal here. (apart from the moment but they are in middle of maintenance and are bringing 5G to my area which is in middle of a forest.

Value for money is based on various of factors not just the cheapest. It has to be the cheapest best option you can get. Vodafone is cheaper for me but why would I pay for something I can't get signal with?

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below

Did people use Mobile Data in the 90's?

I did, I remember back then one Night I was in a Hotel in Manchester and I desperately needed the contents of a 3.5 Floppy Drive that was left in London for my Job next morning, so we set up a Peer to Peer over GSM (Pre GPRS days), took nearly 5 Hours to grab around a 1.2Mb File, remember getting drunk waiting for it to finish. 

Never looked back since. 🙂