Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data roaming in EU with subscription pack

haru99
Investigator
Investigator

Hi there,

I purchased £15 subscription pack with 25GB of data on 19th of June before coming to Italy. I just arrived in Rome this morning but since then I don't have any internet at all, although I got a text message from 150 stating that I can use my pack in the EU at no extra cost. I have a monthly subscription contract so I am wondering why this is occuring.

How can I resolve this issue? I'd like to have internet asap.

12 REPLIES 12
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @haru99 

Welcome to the community.

What kind of phone do you have? Is data roaming switched on within your phone settings?

Have you tried manually connecting to a different Italian network?

Chris

Hi Chris,

I use iPhone. 
Data roaming is on and I’ve connected to multiple Italian networks manually, but none of them worked.

I’ve turned on and off my phone for a couple of times but there’s no improvement.

Leanne_T

Hi @haru99 

Thanks for coming back to us. 

Can you make calls and send texts? 

Leanne.

Hi Leanne,

No, as I mentioned I have no internet so I can’t send texts, call nor use data.

i really need to resolve this issues asap. If this keeps happening I’d have to end my contract with ee.

Christopher_G

OK, thanks @haru99 

I think the best thing to do is contact our Mobile Care team through a VoIP service, such as Skype.

Hopefully they can help you get connected.

Chris

Hi Chris,

I tried to call  your broadband support team via Skype, but it still charges me to make a phone call  so I couldn’t reach out to them.
Is there any alternative ways to resolve this issue?

This has been pretty frustrating for last couple of days.

James_B

Hi @haru99,

Are you able to reach out to our social media team on Facebook or Twitter?

They'll be able to access your account and take a look at your roaming settings.

James

radulfb
Investigator
Investigator

Pretty sure I'm in a similar situation... This is what I think is going on....

TEXT from EE in UK
"Your £20 Pack has renewed giving you unlimited minutes, unlimited texts and 30GB to use in the UK & EU for up to 30 days, with a Free Boost of 1.95GB and £20.00 has come out of your credit.
This will automatically renew on 05/01 as long as you have £20.00 credit. To keep track of your usage go to (website) or reply AL"

I arrive in EU
TEXT from EE
"To use data on your phone, you'll need an add-on or pack. Click here to buy...... (website)"

So I have 'access to 30GB to use in UK and EU, but if I want to use this data in the EU, I need to get a roaming ADD on!?!?!?

Wow! This may be the sneakiest most misleading thing I've seen from a phone provider. 

£20 a month and I can't use my phone abroad, absolute rip off!

Leanne_T

Hi @radulfb 

You can find full details in our Pay As You Go charges for roaming in the EU, Help page. 

Leanne.