cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not working

GJ74
Investigator
Investigator

Hi,  my phone data stopped working a few days ago on my Samsung Galaxy A12.  I have tried turning data roaming off then back on, mobile data off then on, airplane mode if off, turned phone off then back on, no software update outstanding.   No data anywhere I’ve been. Checked balance on 150 and definitely have credit and data left.  Nothing changed for it to go off.  Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

Hello @GJ74 ,

Welcome to the community,

I take it you are on pay as you go and in the UK, or is it contract with limited data?

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

Thank you.

Yes I’m in the UK and on pay as you go with an Everything Pack and have data left.

@GJ74 , are you able to put your SIM card in another phone or try someone else’s SIM card in your phone to see if that works?

Are you able to make and receive calls?

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

Thank you for your reply.

I’m not able to swap sims/phones at the moment.  I can make and receive calls and I have Wi-Fi whilst at home.  I have noticed in connection settings under VPN it says None, should it have something else there?

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @GJ74

Does this occur in more than one place?

The next step is what has been advised by @Schockwave and trying your SIM in another device. 

I have checked my settings and VPN is not connected to so this should not be causing the issue. 

If you are unable to test your SIM in another device I would recommend speaking with our technical care team who can be contacted on 0800 079 8586 free from any landline or provider. 

Please be sure to keep us posted, 

Katie