cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Roaming

AnnieD1
Investigator
Investigator

Do we really have to pay for our data, calls, texts etc, while in Spain. We didn't have to while our mobiles were with BT. After all it was BT that moved us over to EE. We had been with BT for a number of years and the guy (Lewis) who talked me through the transition told me that nothing would change. And will our mobiles now be a separate entity regarding bills. I've just recently paid an £18 invoice received from EE

6 REPLIES 6
AnnieD1
Investigator
Investigator

Do we really have to pay for our data, calls, texts etc, while in Spain. We didn't have to while our mobiles were with BT. After all it was BT that moved us over to EE. We had been with BT for a number of years and the guy (Lewis) who talked me through the transition told me that nothing would change. And will our mobiles now be a separate entity regarding bills. I've just recently paid an £18 invoice received from EE.  Not a happy bunny!

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @AnnieD1 

Thanks for coming here. 

Do all the numbers show on the bill? 

Do the plans include an inclusive extra? If so, you can select the Roam Abroad Pass and use the allowance in Spain. 

Please see our Changes to EU Roaming Help page for more information. 

Leanne 🙂

Hi Leanne and thank you very much for your time.  Both of our numbers (hubby and I) are shown on the bill.  We have no Included Extras apparently.  What I am annoyed about is the charge of £15 a month (or a ludicrous £2.29 a day)  for roaming abroad when we didn't get charged when we were with BT.  We didn't want to leave BT Mobile in the first place and were assured that nothing would change, even the price, in fact we were told it would be about £8 cheaper.  We had the full BT TV, Internet, Landline, BT Sport and mobiles with them  and have done for years.  I have sent an online query to both EE and BT but received no response.

Regards Annie

Leanne_T

I see @AnnieD1 

Thanks for coming back to me. 

If you would like to discuss this, please get in touch with us by calling 150 and the team will be happy to help. 

Leanne.

JaneR1
Visitor

I have just seen this as I looked through the terms for travelling and roaming abroad.  This is an absolute disgrace and BT/EE should be ashamed of themselves- definitely a case of mis-selling in my opinion!

I would like an explanation from both BT and EE, without the need of ploughing through long phone calls?

Katie_B

Hello @JaneR1

Welcome to the EE Community. 

Have you recently moved from BT to EE?

All plans now have a charge for being able to use your services abroad. If your plan has inclusive extras you can select the Roaming Pass for one month which will avoid extra charges for using your services abroad. 

If you wish for your current plan to be looked into further our customer care team will be happy to help on 150. 

Katie