cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't download content from websites

Quark262
Investigator
Investigator

I have recently just switched from three to EE. I was able to download videos from various sites. 

Since changing to EE I have access to these sites and can stream them, but it does not let me download. I hot spotted my laptop to see if its just my handset, but my laptop also run into the same problem, only streaming not downloading which leads me to believe it must a be an issue with my network provider?

I have switched my content lock off and it still down not let me download and i have checked all my data settings. I have also switched it to strict restarted my phone and switched it back to 18+ and still does not work.

I have an iphone 12 pro. Any soloutions?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

If you go into Settings > Safari > do you have block pop ups turned on? @Quark262 

Also, within Downloads, can you try changing where they are saved to see if this helps? 

Leanne. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Leanne_T

Hi there @Quark262

Thanks for coming here. 

Can you download any other files at all? 

Do you get an error message when you try and download the videos? 

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.

so i was using the safari browser, i tried it in google chrome and it works. 

How ever safari when i press the download button i get nothing. No message just has 0 action.

Leanne_T

Hi @Quark262

Do you have iCloud private relay turned on? 

Leanne. 

No icloud private relay is turned off

Leanne_T

If you go into Settings > Safari > do you have block pop ups turned on? @Quark262 

Also, within Downloads, can you try changing where they are saved to see if this helps? 

Leanne. 

that is now working. It was blocking pop ups thank you for your help

Leanne_T

Thanks for letting me know @Quark262

Very happy this is now sorted for you 🙂

Leanne.