cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4GEE WIFI MINI credit but no data?

aylien
Investigator
Investigator

I have a 4GEE WIFI MINI which came preloaded with a data allowance to be used within 60 days.

I have used all the data allowance or exceeded the 60 days.

I have topped up the device with £10 credit and this credit is visible on my account BUT my data allowance still says zero.

I cannot use my WIFI MINI and I do not know why.

The method of topping up explained on the EE website is meaningless and I eventually did it by phone.

I found a contact number which repeated says 'busy' and rings off.

Why can I not access my data allowance which I have paid for?

6 REPLIES 6
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

You've topped up but haven't bought any data. Look at http://add-on.ee.co.uk/purchase from a device connected to your mobile router by WiFi to see what data-add-ons are available.

Use Fast Top Up online with a UK bank card. You don't need to login or register anything. All you need is your mobile no.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

This is NO use to me whatsoever.

How can I connect by WIFI my device to my EE WIFI mini mobile router when I DON'T HAVE ANY DATA ALLOWANCE?

I have ZERO DATA  so it will not connect.

I have paid for an allowance of data with a time limit.

It should not be this hard to top up a data allowance that has been paid for.

You can always connect a device by WiFi to a mobile router. It is purely a local connection. You don't need any data to do it. It doesn't even touch EE. Beyond that by using the EE add-on link you go just within the EE network. You don't need any data to do that either. It doesn't even touch the wider Net, which is when you do need data..

The whole point of the EE add-on link is to buy more data when you have no data left.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I have topped up the device with £50 credit and this credit is visible on my account BUT my data still not letting me set up more

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Are you trying to buy an add-on or renew a pack, @KellyHoltom?

Chris

@KellyHoltom : Look at http://add-on.ee.co.uk/purchase from a device connected to your mobile router by WiFi to see what data-add-ons are available.