cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4GEE WI-FI SIM

Laura274
Visitor

I have purchased a security camera which runs off an SIM card providing 5/4/3 G. I have tried to activate/register  the sim on my iPhone which is through Vodafone network.  I only get so far and it says I need to connect my device. Is this because it is a Vodafone phone?  Not sure what device I have to register. The camera will only work once the sim is registered. 

1 REPLY 1
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Laura274 wrote:

it says I need to connect my device. Is this because it is a Vodafone phone?

That would only be if your phone is locked to Voda. More likely it's cuz MyEE doesn't work for registering PAYG devices or at least those with data SIMs. It stops at telling you to connect your device & login to it, but when you've done as instructed it doesn't have anywhere for you to say you've done it.

Why does the SIM need to registered to MyEE in order for the camera to work?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)