Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G Not Working on iPhone XR

Ahsoka1
Investigator
Investigator

Hi there,

My 4G doesn't work properly on my phone, weirdly enough WhatsApp works fine but I'm not able to use the internet or any other app. I've tried the following solutions already:

• Restart phone
  • Remove and reinsert SIM card
  • Checked the network status in my area (everything is fine)
  • Reset network settings
  • Checked that 4G is selected on all apps

This only started after I came back from holiday so not sure if it's related to that. Any help would be appreciated!

17 REPLIES 17
LW230
Visitor

Did you get this sorted?  I have a similar problem on an iPhone XR, have tried all the diagnostics below. 

Like yours, sim works fine in another phone suggesting it’s an issue with the handset. Fully updated and reset network setting etc but still not working.

Interested if you got a fix?

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @LW230 

Thanks for coming here. 

Have you tried backing up all data and factory resetting the phone back to the original settings? 

Leanne.

Following this thread to (iPhone XR) had issues in the following countries - Barbados, Curacao, Bonaire, Grenada, St Vincent & the Grenadines, St Lucia, St Kitts & Nevis, Antigua & Barbuda and St Maarten (Dutch side), during a recent cruise.

last year whilst using a BT mobile SIM I had no issues, the phone connected to the local networks (including Tortola, Dominican Republic) received the usual txt messages (calls cost ……) this year after migrating to an EE SIM it was if there was no SIM installed (switch phone off then back on, took SIM out - no luck). My wife’s iPhone SE2 also had the same issue but connected to “Maritime “ network on our last day !!

We are off to Italy soon and will need to be connected.

Christopher_G

Hi @AndyM64 

Welcome to the community.

Is it a pay as you go SIM card, or a pay monthly one?

Chris

Hi Christopher G,

Both my wife & I are on a 24month pay monthly contract (started December 2023).

Both mobiles are running the latest IOS and neither had issues when using BT Mobile SIMs.

I hope this helps.

Christopher_G

If you text ROAMING to 150, does it tell you that it's set up, @AndyM64?

Chris

Hi Chris,

Without a mobile signal it’s impossible to txt.

I used the EE app webot messaging service whilst in St Maarten (via WiFi) to see if ‘Roaming’ was activated, after being moved from technical, to billing I still had no service. Checked my phone settings (again, restarted, removed SIM) no luck. Logged on to ‘EE’ via the web portal to check, nothing was obvious so carried on using my phone as a dumb handset (pictures & WiFi access only). 
Now that we are home and away again shortly really need to get it sorted. 
If I txt ‘Roaming’ to 150 and leave it on, how can I check that my phone will work when I’m away (had no issues last year or the previous year in Jamaica) ? Our contracts have EU Roaming included, if I leave the ‘Roaming’ on but still in the UK would this cause an issue (never had this issue with BT Mobile) ?
Don’t really want to replace my handset as the camera is good and the battery life is still exceptional.

Leanne_T

Hi there @AndyM64 

Please call us on 150 or 07953 966 150, before travelling and the team will make sure full roaming is set up on your account for you. 

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.