cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

250MB bought has been lost

SusieQ70
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, I've not long bought the one off 250MB of data as I'm only 3 days off renewing on my plan (down to last 33MB!!). There seemed to be a problem when I bought it in that it didn't give me the option of buying it from the app (my normal/preferred method of monitoring my usage and, on the rare occasions I've run out of data in the past, is always how I've bought extra data before) but, instead took me to a sign in page with my email address (not my preferred method) where it did give me the option of buying it, which I did.

Another problem is that for a while, I've had a feeling that my home phone and supposed 'broadband'/wifi ISP (Virgin Media) haven't been supplying me with what they say they are but, have been 'piggybacking' (not sure if that's the right terminology) my mobile service onto theirs (they took my mobile number when I re-hashed my package at the last minute when they poached me back to them after I was about to leave just before the 1st lockdown in 2020 so that they could let me know when an engineer would be with me) and I've now amassed lots of evidence of this. The most definitive evidence I got was a couple of days ago (Weds, 15/02) when I went onto my app and it showed: under what I believe to be the Virgin Media logo as my having "Unlimited data" , which was definitely inaccurate. (I took a screen shot and will add asap)

Meantime, anyone any suggestions, please? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Let's see your screenshot.

Where are you (PM your postcode if you like)?

VM don't piggyback their fixed BB on any other network. They have their own BB infrastructure separate from the predominant BT/OR fixed BB network.

Surely VM would give you unlimited BB data? Most ISPs do.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Let's see your screenshot.

Where are you (PM your postcode if you like)?

VM don't piggyback their fixed BB on any other network. They have their own BB infrastructure separate from the predominant BT/OR fixed BB network.

Surely VM would give you unlimited BB data? Most ISPs do.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thanks for replying @XRaySpeX  This is the screenshot.

IMG_20230217_231130.jpg

Also going to post some other screenshots (in time order) taken just before that one came up, after I'd done some changes to the data connections to see if you can help work out what's going on here? Thanks again @XRaySpeX 

IMG_20230217_231645.jpg