cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xbox NAT problem with 5g router

Mr-G
Visitor

I can't join a party on the series x. Saying NAT on strict, connected to the ee 5g wireless router. Any ideas how to solve this

14 REPLIES 14
andd360
Investigator
Investigator

Some people say it’s down to cgNAT but I only have this problem on my series x strangely if I use my £50 pound to link 4g one I get an open Nat with a bit of fiddling in the settings going through manually changing port and then restarting a few times but unfortunately I haven’t found a work around with the 5g as of yet so I just use it for downloading as the speeds are better even with the double Nat issue then swap back to my to link. I don’t think it’s the sim as I would get double Nat on the 4g so it has to be the router. If I find a work around I’ll post it up for us gamers who can’t use this fast speed but double nat ee router.

DeanG3107
Established Contributor
Established Contributor
  1. Download and install the VPN software on your Windows PC.

2. Connect your PS4 to your PC with the ethernet cable.

3. Open the Control Panel in Windows and navigate to the Network and Sharing Center.

4. Click on Change Adaptor Settings in the left sidebar.

5. Right-click on your VPN connection (the one installed on your PC), click Properties > Sharing.

6. Tick the box that says: Allow other network users to connect through this computer's internet connection.

7. Locate the Home networking connection drop-down menu and select your ethernet connection.

8. Connect to the VPN server you require by using the VPN client on your PC.

9. Boot up your PS4.

On the main menu screen click on Settings > Network Settings.

10. Under Network Settings select Set up Internet Connection.

Select Use a LAN Cable when you are prompted.

11. Select Easy for the connection method and confirm Do Not Use a Proxy Server when asked.

12. Accept these settings and click Test Connection to ensure it works correctly.

13. ALSO WORKS FOR XBOX
0 Kudos

And what if I don’t have a pc 

DeanG3107
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

You can’t do it then mate 

Hi Dean,

My speeds through my 5G box are mint but I play on PC and my ping could definitely be better (around 55 on cod and 70 on CS-GO) , I use a VPN sometimes but never for gaming, any tips on how to lower it?

Cheers.