cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rubbish mini 4g mobile router

Phil071
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Since I got this it initially worked just okay despite the EE people saying it can handle up to 10 WiFi units. But now on a daily basis I cannot stream a thing as it just rubbish constantly having to reset it and supposedly up to 20mbps absolute joke as nowhere near and feel conned by EE as is just no good. Any suggestions please as I am paying for something which clearly doesn't work

27 REPLIES 27
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Phil071

Thanks for coming back to the community.

Have you checked the EE Coverage & Network Status Checker to see if there are any outages for your area? 

If you select 'Check status' this will show any reported problems. 

Leanne.

Phil071
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Yes I have checked for outages and there are none as this happens on a
daily basis

But thanks anyway

Phil
Leanne_T

Thanks @Phil07

In this case, please call us on 0800 079 8586 and the team will get this investigated for you. 

Leanne. 

Phil071
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Okay I will do the WiFi midi is getting really hot and suspect EE have
palmed me off with a sub standard device plus the promised speeds are non
exist ant and I understand that there are no WiFi boosters available? I
have foned you but got nowhere so very unhappy with your service

Phil
Leanne_T

Hi @Phil071

Please call us again and select technical support, the team will help you get this sorted. 

Leanne.

@Phil071  The device is getting hot because the battery is being drained. The more strain on the battery the hotter it will get.   It’s a natural occurrence with lithium ion batteries also the more you charge it the more you chemically age the battery and the less power it can hold so when you connect to it especially with multiple devices you are now draining the battery quicker as it’s working harder and so producing more heat. 

Phil071
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Thank you very informative.
How can I increase signal strength please?

Phil

@Phil071  unfortunately there is nothing you can rely do about signal strength.   You can only move the device to a location that might receive a better signal. 

ChrisBranton
Visitor

I have the same issue. Had it for 2 weeks and cancelling asap. It will probably cost me to do so. It is rubbish. I was informed that I would have good coverage but its terrible. Cannot find where to cancel it onsite though. Any ideas?