cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Leave EE Home Broadband but keep EE mobiles?

stanners55
Investigator
Investigator

We live in the country and have an EE 4G router as fibre broadband and land line are not available here. I am looking to change supplier of broadband, only and keep my 3 BT phone numbers and 2 btinternet email addresses. Is this possible? If I have to pay for email Plus service is it £7 pctm for each email? 

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @stanners55 

Welcome to the community.

So am I right in saying that you're looking to change your 4G broadband from EE to another provider? Or are you looking to change your BT numbers over to EE?

Chris

Thanks Chris,

We have neighbours who use Airband and, as a rural area, this seems to be the way forward for us!

In our previous house we had BT fibre but the move forced us to accept a 4G SIM router from EE and no landline!

If Airband works out better (we have a slow BB connection) I would want to cancel EE but, at the same time, keep our mobiles with them and retain btinternet.com <> email addresses.

We have a family deal with SIM’s giving us 20GB data each.

Is this OK?

Many thanks

Richard
Christopher_G

OK, thanks @stanners55 

I recommend speaking to BT Mobile so they can check your account and discuss your options with you.

Chris

Thanks Chris,

As above, my BB is with EE and our mobiles are with BT. I know that the two are related but it is confusing that I have to deal with one, or the other. Will I get a single answer from EE about me keeping BT mobile and email if I cancel my BB with them?

KR

Richard

Christopher_G

You would need to put in your notice to cancel your EE plan with EE. They may be able to help with some queries, but may point you towards BT Mobile for queries on those accounts.

Chris

Thanks Chris.

@stanners55 : Your BT mobiles & BT email addys are not related to your EE mobile BB. They are separate suppliers. You need to talk to BT about anything to do with your BT mobiles & BT email addys.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)