Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with 4G Router

Santyjazz
Investigator
Investigator

Hi all,

I have a TP-Link MR6400 4G Router working with my EE Sim. It worked perfect, very smoothly until, silly me, I decided to test the router with a SIM from another company. Well, this router apparently detect any SIM and details. It did it the first time with my EE Sim and worked with zero issue but it is enable now to recognise that other company SIM and the worse scenario happened: when I put the EE SIM back the router didn't recognise it. 😞

I tried to get things back doing the usual, rebooting and also I set the router to fabric configuration but no joy. It's unable to recognise now the EE SIM, asking me for a user and password that I don't have. I tested the EE Sim in a phone and the 4G works without issues so I am very frustrated and confused here. Why it's not recognising the EE SIM now? Silly me for trying with another SIM company but as I said, this router apparently detects any SIM and details.....

Any ideas, any help, someone with similar issue with this or other 4G router? Thank you!!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

You probably need to change the Profile/APN to fit EE by using some of the settings given in EE APN Settings: Where to find them altho' it should have found them itself when the EE SIM was inserted & the router rebooted.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

You probably need to change the Profile/APN to fit EE by using some of the settings given in EE APN Settings: Where to find them altho' it should have found them itself when the EE SIM was inserted & the router rebooted.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Santyjazz
Investigator
Investigator

Hi XRay,

I am not using this one in a phone just for having internet in my place where we don't have great internet speeds but I'll insert the SIM on my iPhone and I'll check the APN settings.

Although as you said, the router should be able to set this automatically as it did initally but not now. I am contacting the seller for a replacement but they should sell this crap, to be honest, 3 days working and caput, zero, nada..... it's very frustrating.

Thanks for your help!

Cheers!

The APN settings are not on the SIM but in the device itself. On a mobile router it's called the Profile. You look at the default Profile & if it doesn't fit EE you create a new Profile with the correct APN settings & make it the default.

There's almost certainly nowt wrong with the router to contact the seller about. This misaligned Profile happens quite a bit with mobile routers.

Santyjazz
Investigator
Investigator

I've finally bought a new 4G router and return the previous one and the new one is working wonders. All good by now and I hope it'll continue this way. Thank you for your help @XRaySpeX !

Cheers!

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance & trust it is now sorted.