philippaterson
Investigator
Investigator

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for the extra details @philippaterson 

I was wondering if it could be a problem with the routers APN settings if it was a non EE device.

I'd recommend contacting Technical Support so a member of the team can take a look at this for you.

They'll be happy to help. 🙂

James

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
James_B

Hi @philippaterson,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Is it an EE router?

James

philippaterson
Investigator
Investigator

Over the last 9 years I have successfully used a number of ee standard phone sims in a number of ee and non-ee mifi routers.  When the latest ee sim came to end of contract I decided to get a deal from ee for a new phone with a sim for a similar price to the previous sim only deal.

When I use that sim in a mifi (ee or non ee model) it refuses to connect to the Internet.  It will connect when in the phone.

Over the last 9 years I have successfully used a number of ee standard phone sims in a number of ee and non-ee mifi routers.  When the latest ee sim came to end of contract I decided to get a deal from ee for a new phone with a sim for a similar price to the previous sim only deal.

When I use that sim in a mifi (ee or non ee model) it refuses to connect to the Internet.  It will connect when in the phone.

James_B

Thanks for the extra details @philippaterson 

I was wondering if it could be a problem with the routers APN settings if it was a non EE device.

I'd recommend contacting Technical Support so a member of the team can take a look at this for you.

They'll be happy to help. 🙂

James

Thanks for the reply. I'll look into APN settings.

Leanne_T

Let us know how you get on @philippaterson 

Leanne 🙂

Thanks,  the APN settings  were the problem