cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile wifi trouble , question , anyone have and use this (Qualcom V1.7.4.3) ?

KCUP
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Having problem using the login page settings, at 192.**** ect , wont seem to show , or use , saved Apn .s-l1600.jpg

Can connect to pc, and connect phone to it.   Just can't get to connect with the sim .

Any advice would be good now. 

Mobile broadband , Android device ?

14 REPLIES 14
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

What is the IP, 192,168,......, that it tells you to login to it & what happens when you try?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
KCUP
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

login page settings , 192.168.100.1 , in the instruction for setting apn , ssid , isp and sim information .

Edge ; should I have installed this page as an app. Should it be opened when device connects ?

I know instructions just say put in sim . login here,  change this and away yer go. but it's in english with poor language.

There's no logout button , only a reboot or factory reset.  Familiar to most usb sim dongles and mobile wifi with sim and battery.

@KCUP wrote:

Edge ; should I have installed this page as an app. Should it be opened when device connects ?

Dunno what this line means! Are you referring to the Edge browser? If so, what has Edge got to do with it?

Just what does happen when you try to login to it @ 192.168.100.1? NM what you think should happen.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
KCUP
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Yes .

KCUP
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

have and use this (Qualcom V1.7.4.3) ?

EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Do one of two things , chuck it in the Bin or send it back and get a Refund. its a Fake Chinese Device that are currently doing the rounds on eBay and Amazon.

Its not a 5G Device, its not even a half decent 4G Device, its just cheap China Fake Tat, if you can get it to work on 2G, 3G or 4G then its a bonus, if you can configure it to work on a UK Sim its a double bonus, apart form that its a cheap door stopper.

@XRaySpeX wrote - Are you referring to the Edge browser? If so, what has Edge got to do with it?

Could be the MS Browser, or more likely could be referring to 2G packet mode Edge.

Edge - (Enhanced Data rates for GSM Evolution) basically it was the next best thing after 2G (2.5G GPRS packet data) and was deloveoped around 2001/2 and used back in 2003, initially in the China  / Asian Regions. 😉

KCUP
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Right . Edge browser .  .  192.168 ect  - default gateway , if thats what you call them .

Automation, this is what I expected when loging in to this. Page now installed as an App, not start with device .

KCUP
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

!  Also , having put me sim in an old 3g phone and seening connectivity. 

I used the 150 for service and data check. Service enabled and paid ect.

Sim now in this PocketWiFi . again.

Now this device seems to work better . Able to connect to it with phone as hotspot, and to it from laptop .

Sim is marked as ready , with other boxes of info below, emie, ser'num or whatever forgotten them now.