cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing number due to not using

Cb1966
Investigator
Investigator

As I am currently overseas I haven't used my number but have kept it topped up. I've received a text saying I will lose my within next 3 months. How can I stop this happening??  Can I top up again and that will be fine for how long ?? Thanks 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @Cb1966

Welcome to the community. 

Topping up will stop your number going into hibernation as this is a chargeable action. 

If you haven't used your phone for any chargeable activity for 179 days, your account will go into hibernation and any credit will be removed:

After 269 days of inactivity we’ll send you a text to let you know the number will be disconnected within 24 hours.

After 273 days the number will be recycled and lost.

Chargeable activity is any of the following:

• Voice and data usage. This includes making calls, sending text messages and picture messages, retrieving a voicemail, and using data that is not within your pack or add-on.
  • Topping up your account.
  • Buying a pack or an add-on.

Hope this helps, 

Katie

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @Cb1966

Welcome to the community. 

Topping up will stop your number going into hibernation as this is a chargeable action. 

If you haven't used your phone for any chargeable activity for 179 days, your account will go into hibernation and any credit will be removed:

After 269 days of inactivity we’ll send you a text to let you know the number will be disconnected within 24 hours.

After 273 days the number will be recycled and lost.

Chargeable activity is any of the following:

• Voice and data usage. This includes making calls, sending text messages and picture messages, retrieving a voicemail, and using data that is not within your pack or add-on.
  • Topping up your account.
  • Buying a pack or an add-on.

Hope this helps, 

Katie