Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latency - Fixed Mobile Broadband

Uberseehandel
Contributor
Contributor

Latency has become a serious issue.
I  have to communicate with NHS hospitals that have/are switching to use Epic's EHR software, probably the most widely used EHR package in the world.
Unfortunately, the latency currently being experienced using the EE fixes mobile broadband package is, intermittently, so great that I time out when accessing my hospital web sites.
This is outrageous.
When are you going to fix this?
When are you going to offer alternatives to the grossly misnamed CGNAT, it ain't fit for anything (in the EE-verse). My BT IPv4 IP address was effectively static, why couldn't I carry that over following my "upgrade" to 5G LTE?
Not being able to communicate with my medical teams is outrageous.

5 REPLIES 5
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Uberseehandel 

Welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having problem using that software with your Mobile Broadband. Are you having issues with other devices/software?

Chris

Uberseehandel
Contributor
Contributor

Chris
Thanks for getting back to me.
Latency issues are consistent across all my devices, some connected via a separate gateway, others directly (Wi-Fi) to the EE Zyxel router.
The log for the last few days shows:
Primary internet is experiencing high latency. Please restart the modem or contact the ISP if this persists. Today at 08:41
Primary internet is experiencing high latency. Please restart the modem or contact the ISP if this persists. Apr 18, 2024 00:37
Primary internet is experiencing packet loss. Please restart the modem or contact the ISP if this persists. Apr 17, 2024 19:27
Primary internet is experiencing high latency. Please restart the modem or contact the ISP if this persists. Apr 16, 2024 16:34
Primary internet is experiencing high latency. Please restart the modem or contact the ISP if this persists. Apr 15, 2024 16:28
Your primary internet BT was temporary disconnected and has been restored. Apr 14, 2024 21:26
Primary internet is experiencing packet loss. Please restart the modem or contact the ISP if this persists. Apr 14, 2024 21:26
Primary internet is experiencing high latency. Please restart the modem or contact the ISP if this persists. Apr 14, 2024 06:20
Primary internet is experiencing high latency. Please restart the modem or contact the ISP if this persists. Apr 13, 2024 02:03
Primary internet is experiencing high latency. Please restart the modem or contact the ISP if this persists. Apr 12, 2024 00:34

Latency is being measured against Cloudflare.

Latency01.png

The local cell is 150 metres direct line of sight, despite which, I do notice that weather events can become an issue from a throughput/latency/packet loss perspective.

Christopher_G

OK, thank @Uberseehandel 

Have you spoken with our technical support team about this? They'll be able to check everything from our side and run through some troubleshooting with you.
Chris

Chris
I have spoken to them in the past, they were not particularly interested in the issue. I appreciate that support team members may not have in depth networking experience, but at some point an upwards referral ought to reach an M.I.E.E.E. or similar. 
The NR5103E has capabilities which may help mitigate the issue, but the EE interface gives no direct access to these features.
Thanks again
Robin

Leanne_T

Hi @Uberseehandel 

Thanks for coming back to us.

Do we have any known issues showing on the Service Status Checker | Check Network Problems in Your Area | EE for the area? 

If not, the latency issues would need to be fully investigated by our technical support team to see what could be causing this, please try calling us again when you get the chance. 

Leanne.