Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Received 4G EE Router - No Ethernet Ports Etc

CCoplestone
Investigator
Investigator

Hi all,

Due to my new property's cabinet being completely full and having to wait until someone disconnects their service before I can get FTTP, I've had to opt for EE's 4G solution.

I get around 70 down, not bad.

My only issue is, the 4G router is one of those tiny devices with no ethernet ports so I'm forced to use all of my devices wirelessly.

I was wondering if:

a. Either EE offer a 4G router that has ethernet ports (or third party ofc) that I could just use the SIM in
b. I could use an existing router in conjunction with the EE 4G router and use the existing router as a slave and use the ethernet ports on that
c. Seeing as it's wireless internet anyway, would using the ethernet ports in any of the solutions above reduce latency for gaming?

Any help on the above would be appreciated. 

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@CCoplestone  You got a mobile router not a home 4G/5G router.    You want one like THIS   using a Ethernet port might help but you’ll still have a cellular connection to the network from the router, so while you’ll have a better connection to the router it’s still a cellular connection to the network.  

@Chris_B Yes, thought so.

And correct, it'll still be cellular but I guess at least the connection would be more stable.

Will probably get either that you've linked, or a third party one.