Did you mean: 

Huawei CPE Pro from the 5GEE Home Router

Tomtom2
Investigator
Investigator

Hello There 

Just received my Huawei CPE Pro from the 5GEE Home Router bundle

It is the Huawei H112 - B372 model

My issue is with this router now I cannot connect my switch  or even do some facetime and all the app for video call its says all the time connecting .. but nothing.

Just before I had the home broadband from Three, very slow speed, but at least I did not get any issue for all Video call or even connecting my switch.

Any idea of what could be the problem in the settings ?

Tried to take off the firewall, same issue

Tried to unblock the parental control from EE, same issue

Following that post : https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/4G-and-mobile-data/Torrent-issue-with-Huawei-5g-CPE-Pro/m-p/838918/hig...

I bet I could be the APN issue, but can't find where to change/ tweak it.

Thank you very much fr your help

74 REPLIES 74
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Good Afternoon @Tomtom2

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Are you able to check the Network Status Checker for any reported problems within your area?

Speak shortly, 

Katie 🙂

Hi Katie_B !

Thank you for your answer !

I have no issue on my area, getting a pretty good signal and a super decent speed.

Only thing I can't do with this router is to connect myself for video calls that I need for my work from home, or even my switch

If I use my data from my phone it works perfectly but not when I am connect to internet via the router.

Thank you !

Katie_B

Thanks for confirming this @Tomtom2

I have sent you a private message to gather more information. 

Speak soon, 

Katie 🙂

Virutally everyone with this router is having the same issue.

Connecting to various devices and specific apps and services.

So far no one has a solution, just have a look at 5 more threads such as yours in this category. 

There was a similiar issue a couple years back with the 4G EE router until a firmware update was released. So essentially EE has just done the same thing yet again and the same mistake within network settings that doesn't allow it to connect to everything as it should. 

Thank you for your answer !

Yes I saw all the topic concerning this router.

Someone find a way to change to APN and force it to ipv4 in order to make it work but there is nothing in the settings to change it ..

Quite stuck at the moment 

I've looked around the forums a little and seems like the person who managed to change the APN settings, had purchased the device separately possibly. And therefore had the settings available. As it seems the current up-to-date firmware on the routers "locks" half the settings on there. So basically EE has locked us out of the possibility of fixing it as well as causing the problem in the first place. 

If I find something, i'll update you. 

Hi All,

i seem to be having the same issue with My CPE Pro. I am unable to connect the device to my Work VPN (which works fine with normal BT broadband) and also my Smart TV and certain other secure areas? Even my Amazon Fire Stick, Netflix does not work but Disney+ works 😕 bit confused.

I opted to take Mobile broadband due to normal broadband giving me measly speeds (<1Mbps!). The CPE Pro lets out fast speeds (close to 100Mb) and my mobile phone, tablet works completely fine just some things are not connecting. 

Reading some threads i definitely think it is something to do with the APN settings and somehow we need to find a way to change the IPv6 to IPv4.

Can someone from EE please forward the APN settings for this device so we can manually add it to the APN list and change the IPv6 to IPv4 to test if that works as a solution? Cannot find anything online!

Thanks

Regards,

James_B

Hi @Ray_88,

Welcome to the EE Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues using some online services.

Please get in touch with Customer Care so our Tech Gurus can look into this for you.

Thanks

James

Hello All,

just updating you all on my CPE Pro which had issues with connecting to certain elements such as my Smart TV, Netflix and work VPN.

so after doing some digging i have found a solution to which not even EE or Huawei were able to easily fix/recommend.

there is a easy fix to it and that fix is based on the APN. The way EE set this router is that they have set the ‘IP type’ to ipv4 or ipv6 and it is this IPv6 which is causing us all the issues. I managed to change the APN to only IPv4 which has completely resolved all issues 😊

so follow these steps and let me know if it works for you:

1. Login to the device admin framework 192.168.8.1, ensure you are connected to a laptop via ethernet and not wifi.

2. Go to Network Settings. Under Mobile Networks > Internet Connection. You will see Mobile Data is checked and Auto Select Network is checked. Uncheck the Auto Select.

3. Under APN list you will see there is a EE Internet as default which cannot be deleted/removed. Leave this there, hit the + sign next to APN List and create a new EE setting as follows:

- Name: ee internet (make sure lower case ee)

- user name: eesecure

- password: secure

- ************: PAP

- IP Type: IPv4 (select only IPv4 from dropdown)

- APN: everywhere

- keep ‘set DNS server manually’ as unchecked so its auto.

click save at bottom and now this will save as new default.

You will temporarily lose internet connection. Do not worry, read on...

4. Next go to Advanced (top right in ribbon) and then System > Restart. Hit restart. Your device will restart. You will temporarily lose internet connection. Now the important thing is to be patient! It will take about 10-15mins even after all the lights are back on the device until you slowly regain connection.

You can then do random checks on laptop to see if it is working. Disconnect ethernet and connect to wifi and test all the devices and sites that were not working previously and voila they should work!

Important to note:

if you switch device off and on again anytime, that new profile will stay as default so shouldn’t be any problem. However if you decide to reset the device (bottom of device with pin) then you will need to recreate the new APN profile again.

Now this seems to be an issue with this specific Huawei device in having difficulty switching between IPv6 to IPv4 when it is required. Best to just keep IPv4 as only option for now until they find a fix for that issue of being able to switch between the two IP Types without causing issues.

Hope the above helps as i could not find any step by step as per above anywhere. I had to piece together from various different forums.

let me know how you guys get along?!

Thanks

Ray