cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Required

Whmc
Explorer

Morning.  I'm looking for a way to get WiFi to our Static caravan, we are not there all year round so don't want a monthly contract, we only want it so when we take the Grandchildren they can use their phones and I pads, the TV also as WiFi. Searched everywhere for a 4G Router that would do the job asked questions of different routers but get lots of answers saying, not the one you want, you need a phone line, it will be very expensive, do you have 4G coverage. Just seen EE4Gee LTE dual band B625-261. Would this do the job I want it for. Also is EE pay as you go easy to use and is it good coverage for post code YO151EH?. Any information would be a great help as you may have gathered I know nothing about WiFi, routers or Internet.  In advance Thank You.

4 REPLIES 4
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

As far as I know EE do not currently sell mobile (4G or 5G) routers on PAYG, only on contract. Look on online retailers like Amazon, Argos.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Whmc 

Thanks for coming here. 

Just to add to, our EE Coverage & Network Status Checker will show the estimated guide for coverage in the area. 

You can find details on using a pay as you go SIM card in a WiFi device in our 4G WiFi | Pay as You Go | EE Help page. 

Leanne 🙂

Kath34
Visitor

Morning , I’ve just had a mobile broadband with EE for our caravan , you can get a monthly plan or 18 month plan .   I haven’t had a telephone line put in , so we just plug the little box in and it’s ready to use 😀

Hi Kath. What router did you purchase? . Does it give good connection?. Thanks