cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE false advertising

Zerofks
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. I’d like to know what the deal is with this god forsaken network. I moved to EE over two weeks ago from o2 because o2 data speeds are basically non existent. I got chatting to an EE agent when ordering my new contract who claimed that EE was much faster than o2, and placed me on the same unlimited data plan I had.

here’s what I’ve noticed. Since joining, the first two weeks I had no issues. I thought all was ok. BUT after the cancellation period has passed, surprise surprise I’m now having connection issues with data, and it’s now so bad that EE is actually worse than o2. My o2 connection never ever dropped for starters.

there’s a pattern to how my connection is dropping too I’ve been timing it, streaming Netflix on my tv, I get to watch 15 minutes of whatever I’m watching then the connection completely drops for 3 minutes. When the connection comes back the picture quality is seriously poor it’s worse than 540p until it adjusts again, then the same thing repeats over and over. The timings between these drops says to me it’s a network issue not my devices. If it’s a deliberate feature they are neglecting to tell customers about it. If I’m downloading on my Xbox the speed is very staggered too, the highest my Xbox seen was 31Mbps (that’s the highest it’s ever gone to) it averages out around 18Mbps and even then my games lose connection randomly. I’m very **bleep** with the fact I’ve been lied to by EE just to gain another customer and what seems like a ploy to keep you for 14 days with a good connection then screwing you over when they THINK your unable to cancel. I don’t know what’s going on with this network but this isn’t normal I know that much. I’m not getting unlimited that’s for sure because I can’t get to use what I’m paying for.

yes compared to o2 I have a data connection during the day allowing me to update my apps (with o2 I had to wait until after 1am for a connection) but off peak periods with EE should be rocket speeds (after all they quote you “upto 100Mbps” and I’m not even getting a steady 20) they claim to be the fastest network but they are not by far. With o2 my connection was poor but it never once dropped in my 7 years with them and with o2 after 1am I could get upto 65Mpbs. So no they are not faster than o2 either.

Also, speaking to the agent when signing up with EE I couldn’t shut him up he was doing everything being helpful, blabbing the usual sales bs, but I took this issue to EE support and I basically got a “you call this number” reply, so quick too it was clear they didn’t even read my message entirely.

i have the data sim in my own mobile wifi router, I’ve gone through every setting on it, I’ve also used a payg sim in it for half a day with no issues from another network so it’s defo not my equipment.at fault or causing this.

so we have lies, not even close to average or quarter of the quoted speed, a connection that’s very unstable, and support that simply don’t give a **bleep** once they think your imprisoned into their contract - I’m not staying. What angers me is these networks also lie on their network coverage page. The results you actually get compared to what they claim is utter bs and they get away with it.

is this how EE really is with all of you? In my short time being a ripped off customer I’m massively disappointed with every aspect of my usage, coverage, speed, connection, and the lack of support customers are given. Do any of you have this same connection drop pattern?

apologies for the rant I’m just massively **bleep** and disappointed with this whole thing. Thanks for baring with me.

14 REPLIES 14
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Zerofks 

Welcome to the community. I'm sorry to read of your experience so far. I know you've mentioned checking the coverage on the coverage checker, but have you checked the status of the postcode on there? It will let you know if we're aware of any problems in the area, or let you report a problem if we're not already aware.

Have you spoken to our technical support team about this?
Chris

Hi. Sorry for the delay in reply. Yes I’ve done all the checks. That’s what I meant by users being lied to because the site claims everything is fine when it’s clearly not. The data rate is repeatedly dropping every 15 minutes and no matter what app I use, Netflix, prime, etc you notice it. Netflix just throws a “can’t connect” error, using prime the video quality degrades so badly it’s like watching a tv channel that barely gets signal. Even my phone, if I update my apps, the downloads come in staggered, by that I mean the download itself only downloads data every 2 or 3 seconds if that makes any sense? It’s not the usual by the second where you can see the download live in real time.

Don’t get me wrong when the data is there its great but it’s most certainly not a stable connection. It’s more like the mast is giving out one small chunk at a time or something?? I’m sorry if this is making little sense but it’s the best way I can find to describe it.

Leanne_T

Hi @Zerofks 

Thanks for coming back to us. 

Please get in touch with our technical support team by calling 150 or 07953 966 150, and they will be able to get this looked into in more detail for you and let you know the next steps. 

Leanne. 

Hi. It appears to be a much bigger issue than just me. I can’t confirm if this is correct or not but according to a new news report, both EE and Vodafone are facing massive connectivity issues affecting a large number of users. So based on that even if I did call they’d most probably claim this was the problem. Again I can’t confirm any of this but it’s on a BBC online report. Looks like I may have joined EE at the wrong time but that said no one can plan for these things. I will admit when the service is working it’s leaps and bounds ahead of my old network (o2) I guess I can only hope it gets sorted soon. I’m sure no doubt I’ll be calling if not. Thanks for your reply.

Katie_B

Good morning @Zerofks.

The issue impacting some customers' calls to and from a Vodafone number has been resolved. We're very sorry for any inconvenience caused. Calls to other networks, mobile data and text messages were not affected.

If you continue to see issues regarding your service please give our technical care team a call on 150. 

Katie

Zerofks
Contributor
Contributor

IMG_8539.jpeg

IMG_8482.jpeg

IMG_8452.jpeg

Screenshots of the pathetic speeds I’m getting from the so called “fastest network in the uk” I’m taking this further I’m not paying for 2 years of this no way. 

@Zerofks    Yes because EE do that to customers get you to join then cut your speed.       You really think that lol,     Have you tried just restarting the device?  Have you tried shutting down any app that’s running in the back ground?  Have you tried a factory reset on your device?      Is this the same as anyone else on EE who’s with you ?      Is this just one location or everywhere you go ?  Indoors and outside? 

This is has been the case ever since I reached my “cancellation period” end. I have the SIM card in my wifi router, I’ve done all the necessary things even going as far as resetting the router. I’ve also put the sim in another phone and it’s the same thing. The data connection keeps dropping and when it comes back that’s the speeds I get.

luckily I recorded the entire conversation with the EE rep who helped sign me up. He claimed I’d get on average upto 100Mbps. I’m not even getting a 10th of that. Even off peak the connection and speed is terrible. At least o2 never cut out on you. He claimed EE are better than o2 (my old network) they are worse not better. I’m not getting anywhere near what I signed up for. It’s affecting everything i use. Xbox live my games keep crashing because they can’t connect, Netflix is basically unusable, my iPhone got bricked last week because it was updating and the connection dropped during. Thankfully I got the phone recovered again. Why networks get away with this I’ll never know. There’s no way they are the “fastest” network or the better one either. 

James_B

Have you had a chance to speak to Technical Support @Zerofks?

James