cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE data upload speed.

4ngu5
Contributor
Contributor

The phone line out to where i live is shockingly poor so i use a data only sim from EE in a 4g router.

for ages this has been fine with functional upload and download speeds but recently the upload has become near non-existent. 

any known cures for this or is a different provider the next option? as i said until this last week or so there have been very little issues but upload speeds of 0.1mbps at times isnt acceptable. 

6 REPLIES 6
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @4ngu5,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Does the Network Status Checker report any problems in your area? (Please select the Check status option)

James

4ngu5
Contributor
Contributor

Hello all I previously posted the following text before trying to get in person help from EE. Today after a 3 hour long round trip I was almost immediately told to phone customer support without a second of thought given to the matter at hand. the previous post was -

"The phone line out to where I live is shockingly poor so i use a data only sim from EE in a 4g router. For ages this has been fine with functional upload and download speeds but recently the upload has become near non-existent.

Any known cures for this or is a different provider the next option? as I said until this last week or so there have been very little issues but upload speeds of 0.1mbps at times isn't acceptable."

I'm sure we all know this wont be fixed over the phone. I have screenshots proving that 1) according to OFCOM's website EE service isn't available indoors or outdoors at my home address and 2) that a Vodafone SIM in the same 4G router provides quite literally 5x the speed at times. 

What can I do to escape this SIM card situation? or at least get the EE speeds back to "normal" which is still subpar at best. 

Thanks for any help.

@4ngu5 : Then why not continue your existing thread instead of starting yet another? & why not try @James_B 's suggestion?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

coverage checker asks for a mobile device which I cant answer as I don't use one in this case.  

For arguments sake I just checked with the 3 popular devices provided all of which result in 

"You'll get great coverage outdoors and good coverage indoors." 

Which clearly isn't true.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @4ngu5,

If you start typing 4G WiFi into the box, you should see a mobile broadband device.

To check for problems, please select the 'check status' option. If there are no known issues, please use the 'report a problem' button.

Hope this helps. 🙂

James

Again using other 4G routers shows I should be getting fine coverage on the map.

I have reported the fact that EE speeds are prehistoric so we will see what that results in. 

I will be calling customer service tomorrow as this is unusable and I have already tested Vodafone as a replacement.  I just need to figure out how to stop paying for a service that quite literally doesn't work at times.