cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE Smart 5g hub - can I switch it to 4G?

Oothman
Explorer

Recently received a smart 5g hub and the coverage in my area is proving to not be good for 5g, is it possible to switch the hub to 4G only?

4 REPLIES 4
EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Which 5G Device?,  ie, Model Number? (Zyxel 5103 ?) currently on the EE Network you will need to be connected to a 4G Signal in order to benifit from an additional 5G Signal Layer.

Most 5G Routers should alow you to manually swirch to 4G Only Mode but this is not normally going to be any benifit in Speed terms. 

What issues are you having exactly with 5G Coverage.? 

Model name on the bottom of the hub says HH20C, it's the new EE Smart 5G Hub. My speeds started good but the past couple days connection has been spotty with buffering on streaming and dropped connection at times, I just did a speed test about 30 mins ago and it was only 15mbps whereas when I first tested it on setup it was well over 100mbps so assume it's because 5G coverage isn't great in my area? I checked on 192.168.1.1 to see if I could switch to 4G only but couldn't see any option to do so.

Ok, thats the New 5G Router that EE are offering now over the 5103 for the past couple of years, really not familiar with the Newer Model, will need to explore but somewhere within the Web UI (192.168.1.1) it should give you a 4G/5G Connection Status?

This One?

EssexBoyEE_0-1699833457555.png